Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paris attacks looking for refund

Options
  • 14-11-2015 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi just wondering if anyone can help me i only just booked disneyland paris for myself my partner and 5 kids on thursday for the 8th of dec then after seen what happend friday night i couldnt bring my kids over there im sick over it.but i did take insurence out and i went straight in there this morring to cancel but she has to get back to me when she gets in contact with abbey travel and airlingus has anyone and info should i be able to get a refund it was alot of money.(€3,500) thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

Bloom.12 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering if anyone can help me i only just booked disneyland paris for myself my partner and 5 kids on thursday for the 8th of dec then after seen what happend friday night i couldnt bring my kids over there im sick over it.but i did take insurence out and i went straight in there this morring to cancel but she has to get back to me when she gets in contact with abbey travel and airlingus has anyone and info should i be able to get a refund it was alot of money.(€3,500) thanks

AFAIK terrorism usually isn't covered in general travel insurance. I could be wrong on that though as I can only go on my own policy in which it is not.

Also I would presume that insurance would only cover it if your directly affected as opposed to choosing not to go? Again I could be wrong on that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Unless the DFA advises against travel to france which is unlikely in the extreme. this would not be sufficient to cancel. It would literally be you changing your mind. Why would you cancel? Anything happening anywhere is just as likely anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Disgruntled Badger

If the Irish state say it unsafe you might have a case...but they won't. I wouldn't cancel anyway. you'll have a ball. It's a great time to go as it'll be done up for Christmas.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,332 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

This is a Politics forum. Please read the charter before posting again.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement