Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser cutting rules and regulations

Options
  • 03-04-2015 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Anyone know where I can find a set of rules and regulations relating to setting up and running a laser cutting business in Ireland? ie. location, health and safety, etc??? Much appreciated :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Daithib91 wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can find a set of rules and regulations relating to setting up and running a laser cutting business in Ireland? ie. location, health and safety, etc??? Much appreciated :D

I doubt they would have specific regulations for laser cutting. It's more you would have to comply with general health and safety & any environmental issues. General h & s would be proper protective equipment and training for workers, machines would have to be maintained correctly. Environmental would be any waste or byproducts, may need suitable extraction etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

There are different laser protection requirements depending on the accessible class of laser. For example, I think cutting lasers are class 4,but safety interlocks etc. probably reduce the accessible power to a lower class.

These aren't Government regulations, just general safety ones. I think you'd just be subject to the same H&S regs as any other manufacturer.

Advertisement