Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate not on RTE Player

Options
  • 16-10-2010 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Can someone PLEASE explain why Love/hate, which is made by RTE, is NOT available on RTE player as im in the UK!!

Surely if RTE made the show, they have the right to put it on their own website!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Namabillion

I watched it earlier on but it was saying Last Chance beside it so it could be gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭HarryPotter41

Just checked, both episodes are on it

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

I'm guessing that they may wish to sell the series to someone in the Uk so you can't access it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭HarryPotter41

mal1 wrote: »
    I'm guessing that they may wish to sell the series to someone in the Uk so you can't access it

With subtitles I presume :D

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bigbrotherfan

A good homegrown programme. Streets ahead of much I've seen in recent years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

davocesque wrote: »
    Surely if RTE made the show, they have the right to put it on their own website!!

Was it made by RTÉ or was it made for RTÉ?

It will be rights issues that prevent it from being seen worldwide on the RTÉ Player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Many RTE programs aren't on the international player.

Many times it's because of music rights. RTE has a blanket agreement with IMRO that allows them to use most music without having to request permission in advance. As far as I know this agreement only covers broadcast in Ireland however, so for a program to be shown or accessed outside Ireland - i.e. You watching Love/Hate in the UK - it wouldn't cover it.

In Ireland we can watch Love/Hate on the player no problem.

Advertisement