Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simon MacCorkindale has died

Options
  • 16-10-2010 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85,259 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/s18/casualty/news/a282440/actor-simon-maccorkindale-dies-aged-58.html
    Simon MacCorkindale has died of cancer at the age of 58, it has been announced.
    BBC News reports that the actor, best known for playing Dr Harry Harper in Casualty, passed away on Thursday night in the arms of his wife Susan George.
    She said today: "No-one could have fought this disease any harder than he did since being diagnosed four years ago.
    "He fought it with such strength, courage and belief. Last night, he lost this battle, and he died peacefully in my arms.
    "To me, he was simply the best of everything, and I loved him with all my heart. He will live on in me forever."
    He was originally diagnosed with treatable bowel cancer in 2006, but the disease became terminal when it spread to his lungs a year later.
    Born in 1952, MacCorkindale grew up in Exmoor, before beginning his career in the West End starring in Pygmalion.
    His small screen break came in 1978, when he appeared in Agatha Christie film Death On The Nile, after which he had roles in numerous dramas including Hart To Hart and The Dukes Of Hazzard.
    Starring in Casualty, however, is thought to have been his favourite acting experience. He played Dr Harry Harper on the BBC One medical drama between 2002 and 2008.

RIP

Comments

Advertisement