Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone used Team-Alpha here in Ireland

Options
  • 23-07-2012 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭

Anyone used this crowd before ? http://www.team-alpha.ie/

Dont seem to be very good at responding to emails sent them 3 over the last week and zero response.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

No postal address listed which isn't usually a good sign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Salvation

Just found their address on the back of the 5.11 tactical catalogue, I think I will order from the UK this place doesnt seem to be very proactive.

Pity since it is in Ireland

• Subscribers Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭IRLConor

I got some stuff from them over a year ago. Decent lads, they called me shortly after I placed the order to warn me that they were changing stuff around and that there'd be a delay. It all worked out in the end, and I didn't mind waiting. I wasn't in a hurry for the stuff.

If you can't get any response out of them, a friend recommended http://www.nightgear.co.uk/ to me as an alternative source of 5.11 stuff.

Yep thanks for that ordered stuff there from Nightgear a few mins ago, basically the exact same prices even with postage and a lot more variety and a facility to tell you if it is in stock or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

tricky D wrote: »
    No postal address listed which isn't usually a good sign.

No they do actually exist, had a phone chat with them about a niche piece of kit i wanted a while back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

neilled wrote: »
    No they do actually exist, had a phone chat with them about a niche piece of kit i wanted a while back.

Good but not quite the point. Having a postal address and phone no, neither of which they appear to have on their site, is good for a few reasons, notably trust and alternative channels of communication in case of issues, in the OP's case no response to emails or form feedback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

tricky D wrote: »
    Good but not quite the point. Having a postal address and phone no, neither of which they appear to have on their site, is good for a few reasons, notably trust and alternative channels of communication in case of issues, in the OP's case no response to emails or form feedback.

In fact, if you're selling online in the EU, thanks to S.I. No. 207/2001 — European Communities (Protection of Consumers in Respect of Contracts Made by Means of Distance Communication) Regulations, 2001 (catchy name!), Section 5, Paragraph 2, you must supply your name and address before the customer buys from you.

That said, Team-Alpha do provide their address on their Terms & Conditions page:
    Team-Alpha Ltd.
    G1 Centrepoint
    Rosemount Business Park
    Dublin 11
    Ireland

Company Number : 439853
    VAT Number: IE 9677361P

I still wouldn't be delighted ordering from someone using a skinned copy of the Magento Demo Store - I wouldn't trust them to keep their software up-to-date and my details private with such an amateurish website.

I actually talked to 5.11 in the US yesterday and have advised me that they are updating their Ireland varation of their site, at the moment their ecommerce website is setup for the US/Canada and although they ship to Ireland it is a massive amount.

Just got an email back from them saying that my mails were trapped in their spam filter :eek:

Anyhow we shall see, I would personally like to keep business here but the lack of contact details (easily available) are made difficult to get.

If you want to get them call the number listed for Daniel Technologies :

+353 (0)1 866 56 91

Although they seem to have minimal stock and it is'nt reflected or indicated on the site.

So seems a very poor website

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rochie555

Just to let you know, these guys are top class and are highly regarded in the market that they deal in, and are by no means amateurish.I and many of my collegues have dealt with them for many years and have found them to be top class at what they know and sell. Have no worries about dealing with them. Regards Rochie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Gun Shy

rochie555 wrote: »
    Just to let you know, these guys are top class and are highly regarded in the market that they deal in, and are by no means amateurish.I and many of my collegues have dealt with them for many years and have found them to be top class at what they know and sell. Have no worries about dealing with them. Regards Rochie.

Ditto to the above, I've been dealing with them both personally and professionally for in excess of 10 years. Never let me down and great service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭amurph0

team-alpha.ie are the crowd sponsers the kit reviews for the Defence Forces magazine An Cosantóir, so I'm sure they're pretty legit.

They always have competitions on it as well, for example I'm just looking at the October 2012 issue right now and they had a competition for a €120 voucher.

Advertisement