Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cities you'd never return to

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

lufties wrote: »
    have you been to london or new york?

I haven't and i'm going to keep it that way. They're meant to be big and busy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

joeperry wrote: »
    Cork

We dont want you here either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭roro1990

Really want to put down a city but I've liked every city I've been to. I'll say Warsaw though only because it was ****ing freezing there.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Behind the Fence

Belize City... Only place I feared for my safety.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I haven't and i'm going to keep it that way. They're meant to be big and busy too.

Greenwich village area is lovely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

dan1895 wrote: »
    City?

yes, apparently.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,585 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Paris and Venice. Unless you speak French Paris feels unfriendly. I thought Venice was an overpriced kip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

sullivlo wrote: »
    Casablanca. Only time I've ever felt unsafe.
    Fantastic place, not so if you're a lady in all fairness.

The Moroccan's are very touchy-feely/lascivious towards the ladies...

I aggressively told more than a few to fook off away from my woman when we were there :mad:

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Kuala Lumpur. What a smelly ****hole...

I lived there for a while, its actually ok in fairness..If you think KL is smelly try Hong Kong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I'm surprised no one has posted my favourite phrase on boards yet. Which is "thinly veiled I have been abroad". Like its not in the slightest bit funny.

But I wouldn't go back to anywhere in china. Particularly the smaller cities where you kept on seeing the same people for a day. Because the police follow you(plain clothed). Even in McDonald's there is plain clothed officers to stop you getting robbed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Hamburg. Booooring.

Saying that I actually had a great time because I was with my friends, but I've no desire to go back.

Same with Boston. It was okay but if I was flying that far I'd rather do something new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

I wouldn't go back to Dublin in a hurry. Full of pick pockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

phnom penh. Dump

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I hired a body guard over there, came with his own machete and free ganja. Lovely chap, took us to meets the family and all. I'd hire my own security again if going back, there very cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Athens , Ballymun pre-demolition x1000

hfallada wrote: »
    I'm surprised no one has posted my favourite phrase on boards yet. Which is "thinly veiled I have been abroad". Like its not in the slightest bit funny.

But I wouldn't go back to anywhere in china. Particularly the smaller cities where you kept on seeing the same people for a day. Because the police follow you(plain clothed). Even in McDonald's there is plain clothed officers to stop you getting robbed

Having lived in Hong kong, I would never ever ever go to mainland china.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

Vojera wrote: »
    Hamburg. Booooring.
    St. Pauli district...boring? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭ruthloss

dan1895 wrote: »
    City?

Yep., not that anyone cares.

http://wikitravel.org/en/Kilkenny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Rome, Italy in general. You have to pay to get in nearly everywhere and everyone is trying the gouge as much money as possible from you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭connected1

+ 1 Only in the train station and got threatened by some guy. Then on the train out the guard tried to stiff us for 100 times the fare!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭deseil

Naples biggest sh##thole I was ever in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭ruthloss

Rome, Italy in general. You have to pay to get in nearly everywhere and everyone is trying the gouge as much money as possible from you.

That would be just like Dublin and Ireland then.

Eindhoven

Pay the extra and get dropped to Amsterdam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭roro1990

Uncle_moe wrote: »
    phnom penh. Dump

Seeing middle aged men with girls who didn't even look 18 was disturbing but I personally liked Phnom penh. Great party atmosphere at night and learning first hand about the horrific history of the place was pretty life changing for me.

Eindhoven

Pay the extra and get dropped to Amsterdam.

I really enjoyed Amsterdam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

I really enjoyed Amsterdam.

Who doesn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

Both Liverpool and Manchester.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,126 ✭✭✭mosstin

Having been in a good few places around the world, I would have to say Budapest is a beautiful one with regard to history and architecture, but it is definately to most unfriendly place I've been, the people I encountered were rude and unhelpful consistantly, hence I will not be returning. Other than that I'd say stuttgart in germany(yawn), or varanassi in India, an interesting place but a nightmare to get around.

Varanasi??? What a stunning city. It's in India so what did you expect? A metro?? Jesus wept.

Advertisement