Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stamina

Options
  • 17-02-2014 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭

Is stamina less important to train now that there is substitutions?

You could have two players of equal ability sharing a position, one plays the first half, the other plays the second. Eliminates the need to train stamina to a high level.

I've no idea myself but just like to hear what you guys think.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Yep, subs means stamina no longer as important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I think it definitely helps to reduce the need for very high stamina for individual match performances, but seeing as you can only make three substitutions (I think?) and the risk of injury preventing additional substitutions, and the course of a season recovery time from game to game and recovery from injury, as well as all of your opponents having the same advantage of subs, stamina is still either an advantage or disadvantage you will have against an opponent to the same degree as before, so in that regard I'm not sure it's overall importance has reduced.

Advertisement