Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 20 - League and cup

Options
  • 13-10-2013 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭

So here it is. Season 20.

This is my first season in league I and my first season for a while where I'm not in the top 3 teams.

Just looking at my fixtures (they are up because I'm in HK) it looks like the four teams I had targeted as winnable games are all one after another. I have no idea how to approach it. Is normal - TNT -normal - TNT madness? Depending on how the other teams play I could wind up with four wins or four losses.

Also considering a sneaky TNT in the first game as I'll have a chance to rest up after. Anyone think I would have a hope in this game if it was TNT vs WNWIM?

Good luck people...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

my irish league looks like fun the rest are same old same old. ponyo were they in the boards league it seems familiar. def 3 boardsies in my league anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Was short on cash last season and after I drafted one of my u20 prospects i used 50 stars to hopefully recruit a decent player which i could sell on. Ended up with this guy. Realy not sure about selling him now, technically i have 10 free training spots as only training specific skills here or there on random players, like kicking, technique etc. With his size he would go for a decent amount I imagine, any advice whether or not I should train him or get rid of him?

9qvh.png

has he been pulled?
    heres my opinion if he hasnt which is to wait till rd2d1 to promote so then you could have a s24 eligible u20 and he could sell for a nice bit next season if anygood. but him right now isnt worth much i had a similar guy prob worst starting out i trained for 2 seasons and sold at 19 for too much but 1.4mill is realistic sold for less later but training was stopped

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭jj1

seanand wrote: »
    my irish league looks like fun the rest are same old same old. ponyo were they in the boards league it seems familiar. def 3 boardsies in my league anyway

Div 3.4 is like a mini boards league.

June Sarpongs Spunky Backpack is after loading the team in the last few days. Will give the top 4 a right rattle I reckon.

Will be a tough year for Flash Lightning but it all comes back to the fact I'm a fraud who really shouldn't be there in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

League looks like another stressfest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Gelio wrote: »
    . Anyone think I would have a hope in this game if it was TNT vs WNWIM?

Any opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭jj1

Any opinions?

I don't have a clue about games involving CSR's that high but I'd say it would be a long shot away from home. If you were at home with those intensities I reckon you'd have a chance.

He has 12 above 200 CSR, 3 of them are above 300 CSR.
    You have 4 above 200 CSR (3 of them are young & look class).
    His team is the best squad I ever had a browse through so based on that research, his team is in fact the best team in the world!

Best of luck anyway.

Ha I kinda knew that but needed someone to tell me anyway. It was just so tempting since I'll be throwing the following game anyway. I'll do a bit more scouting and see what I can find. I like being able to fairly publicly post my tactics here because none of my league are on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭crisco10

Ha I kinda knew that but needed someone to tell me anyway. It was just so tempting since I'll be throwing the following game anyway. I'll do a bit more scouting and see what I can find. I like being able to fairly publicly post my tactics here because none of my league are on boards.

or are they?!?? ;)

Just looking through my U20 training history, it really highlights the CSR inflation that is occuring. Here is the comparison of their CSRs over the seasons, all are the CSR after 1 season of training. All bar the O'Keane and Langmore were on 10 L5s. those two had some L4s sprinkled in.

Player U20 Season CSR at end of 1 Season Position
    O'Keane S16 34,346 Prop
    Langmore S16 37,359 Prop
    Correira S18 44,476 Back Row
    Brown S20 50,082 Winger
    Hichisson S22 60,824 Prop/BackRow

Thats about an 8k on average increase between each generation!

iv a fly half on 65k atm who has had only lvl4s so your prop/backrow should really be higher :P

• Advertisement

10% increase in Salaries this year with Minor Sponsors long expired. Ugh..I've suddenly started to struggle financially. If I don't fill my stadium more than 90% I don't break even over the 2 week period..

I need to come up with some creative way of saving money or shed my much loved YA.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭greyhound1973

crisco10 wrote: »
    10% increase in Salaries this year with Minor Sponsors long expired. Ugh..I've suddenly started to struggle financially. If I don't fill my stadium more than 90% I don't break even over the 2 week period..

I need to come up with some creative way of saving money or shed my much loved YA.

Well crisco you could win the league ,that would net you near £1 million

• Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭daheff

I hear ya

I've dropped my scout...no more stars for me. I'm only keeping the academy & coach until the end of this season. Then I'm promoting all I can, flogging them and letting the rest rot....its too expensive vs the benefits.

daheff wrote: »
    I hear ya

I've dropped my scout...no more stars for me. I'm only keeping the academy & coach until the end of this season. Then I'm promoting all I can, flogging them and letting the rest rot....its too expensive vs the benefits.

It is a really fun element of the game but I'm not sure how compatible it is with the higher Divisions. That combined with the limited opportunities to give IGT to youngsters makes it hard.

i love my ya tho :( im okay financially atm but if i want to make a step up it has to be a case of getting rid of it

I just realised I called my second team Geraldine 2nd IV instead of Geraldine 2nd XV. IV is four!
    Boy do I feel stupid right now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Well I spelt Raccoon wrong and the next day when I noticed it I made out that it was intentional as I believe Raccoon should be spelt the way I spelt it... 2 years later and I still haven't changed it:D

That's gas. Idiots ha

Phew, got a win over MWSAG. That's one. This league is going to be very tricky.

FewFew wrote: »
    Phew, got a win over MWSAG. That's one. This league is going to be very tricky.

Yup, well played. completely out thought me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭daheff

FewFew wrote: »
    This league is going to be very tricky.

You're telling me. We have Battai, who've just remembered how to play, new tactics to get our heads around and all the teams in the league at a level who can beat one another...tricky is being optimistic :p

Still...wouldnt have it any other way.

Yup, well played. completely out thought me!

Ah it was the home advantage that ticked it over for me.

I'm starting to think home advantage is far greater than I had thought before. Has it been tweaked at all?

Got absolutely pounded today :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Is it just me or has the transfer market gone crazy over the last while?

It seems any decent player to trane you're dropping minimum of 250k (for a c. 40k csr young player with good height / weight..even though I'm not looking for a trainee at the moment) and good old players are going for 500k+ (even though they're on a steep downward slope) and any good signing you're talking into the millions...

Obviously there have always been expensive players, but it seems people are willing to pay silly money for anyone half decent, bargain hunting has gotten very difficult for a cash strapped club :(

yep jackass i have noticed that and im having a bit of a sale atm and rebuilding with my main and im am very happy the prices iv received but iv noticed and got bargains but im building up slowly so being patience is the key

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

just that time of the year Jackass, with people spending cup run monies and winings from end of the league last year and money saved, rebuilding for the season ahead. much cheaper when lots of teams knocked out that the revenue dries up and they don't need the larger squads so more hits the market.

Ahhhh

Big league game on Saturday against a very similar team to my own and who do I draw for the cup next Wednesday? Of course the same team.

So now I'm stuck with the choice: a TNT and a wnwim or just two normals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I got VD Ruffians in the cup ... No double for him this year!! At home though, my stadium is half the size :(

• Advertisement

killia10.png

What a pull!

Edit: 20 stars by the way

Advertisement