Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is the mains water tap located?

Options
  • 27-03-2012 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Plumbing 101: I want to turn off the mains water supply to my rented accomodation but I can't find the mains water tap. Where is it usually located?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Vorophobe wrote: »
    Plumbing 101: I want to turn off the mains water supply to my rented accomodation but I can't find the mains water tap. Where is it usually located?

Usually a valve under the kitchen sink you can turn off the mains.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Under the kitchen sink or belt and braces on the foothpath outside the reidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

If its an old house it could be located under the stairs , if not under the sink , if kitchen sink has moved from original location ( extension etc.) it could be still in original place , best bet would be to turn it off on the footpath outside your house , you will probably need a water key to do this .

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭anheneti

Vorophobe wrote: »

It could be in the hotpress

Advertisement