Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can I use a Philmac 9143 to connect to Qualplex

• 24-03-2012 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi,

I need to convert from an existing old (1980 ish) 1" black plastic pipe (pol?) to 3/4" Qualpex.

I picked up a Philmac 1" to 3/4" connector 9143 that the Philmac site says is pol x pol. ( i am not sure if Qualpex is considered pol)

The shop also gave me a Philmac 3/4 pol to 1/2 female thread 9831 and a copper compression connector that matches this to allow connection to 3/4 qual plex

The suggested solution was:
    1" plastic -> 9143 -> length of 3/4 Plastic -> 9831 -> copper Compression -> 3/4 Qualpex.

So my question, Can I use the Philmac 9143 to convert from 1" black pipe to a 3/4 qualpex in one step and save a lot of connectors & money?
    Is qualpex considered pol in these circumstances.

The shop is now closed till monday, so I am reaching out here.

(you may have gathered that I am not a plumber)

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

No you will have to use the compression fitting to the qualpex.Another way to do it would be to use 1 inch to 3/4 copper reducer (compression)there are adapters for the heavy gauge plastic to fit copper fittings,the qualpex will fit the 3/4 side(dont forget the insert for the qualpex)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭iarann

Thanks, pity as it all fits so nice and I don’t have the bit of 3/4 plastic, I guess the connector won’t hold tight?

Ill pick up some pipe next time in town, that overflow from the attic next door looks so tempting I wonder what size it is? :D (joke!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

yes you can join them. Thats the beauty of philmac. I dont know the codes off hand but bring 2 ends of the pipes and they will supply thed fittings and adaptor if necessary.
    iarann wrote: »
    Hi,

I need to convert from an existing old (1980 ish) 1" black plastic pipe (pol?) to 3/4" Qualpex.

I picked up a Philmac 1" to 3/4" connector 9143 that the Philmac site says is pol x pol. ( i am not sure if Qualpex is considered pol)

The shop also gave me a Philmac 3/4 pol to 1/2 female thread 9831 and a copper compression connector that matches this to allow connection to 3/4 qual plex

The suggested solution was:
    1" plastic -> 9143 -> length of 3/4 Plastic -> 9831 -> copper Compression -> 3/4 Qualpex.

So my question, Can I use the Philmac 9143 to convert from 1" black pipe to a 3/4 qualpex in one step and save a lot of connectors & money?
    Is qualpex considered pol in these circumstances.

The shop is now closed till monday, so I am reaching out here.

(you may have gathered that I am not a plumber)

Advertisement