Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Memory

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Just to let everyone know, I am now TeddyTedson
    I can confirm this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Associate things with other things.

Eg if you want to bring your ear phones with you, associate them with locking your front door.

You look your front door, and think of the ear phones
    My auntie used to be consumed with paranoia thinking that she'd left the iron on when she'd left the house. So she forced herself to sing the chorus to "You make me feel like a natural woman" every time she switched it off. If she was sitting in work she couldn't remember if she'd turned it off or not, but she'd always remember singing the tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Have you tried writing things down? Carry one or two small notebooks and a pen with you. I find that if I have to actually write down lists or reminders I'll remember what they are without looking at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Two words: Memory Palace.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I told you yesterday!!

• Advertisement

paddyandy wrote: »
    Thread ruined by Clowns who may have same problem some day .

...errmmm!

http://static.tumblr.com/6fu1wp9/D54lvbiqh/mr-forgetful.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

Trousers first, shoes after!!!!......

underpants... yellow to front, brown to back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

The first rule of Alzheimer's club is you do not talk about Alzheimer's club.

The first rule of Alzheimer's club is you do not talk about Alzheimer's club.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭SugarCoat

OP setup visual cues for yourself around the house.i.e put sticky notes on you're bathroom mirror.(There's actually also a virtual sticky notes that comes with windows 7 so you can keep notes on your desktop screen)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

This is a ****ty way of telling me that you aren't turning up, I'm still here waiting.

posted from my cleverphone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Just learn how to tattoo , then tattoo whatever you need to remember on you , the higher up the body the more important the item needed to be remembered. Wifes birthday on the forehead.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,320 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Complaining about clowns in After Hours, is like complaining about jugglers at a circus.

Or clowns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

To get to the other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭bogs

If thats the best you can come up with to insult a human being then i feel sorry for you

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Sudoku
    Sudoku has as much to do with memory as it does with maths, ie. Nothing whatsoever.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Complaining about clowns in After Hours, is like complaining about jugglers at a circus.
    On that note, how do you kill a circus ?

You go for the juggler :pac:

There are systems to improve memory but they are usually only geared to help you learn off lists of stuff by association instead of rote.

So not much use if you want to remember equations or unrelated stuff or pictures or poems or directions.

The best way to keep your brain working is to use it for a variety of stuff instead of veging or focusing in on one activity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

Is there way's I can improve my memory?
    I'd been have far too many "senior moments" lately and it's becoming quite a burden actually.
    I forgot to meet someone during the week there and it got me into quite a bit of trouble.

Is there any exercises or tips people have used to improve their memory?
    Thanks.

get tested for brain abnormalities... if u catch it early enough you can slow its progress.

• Advertisement

cloptrop wrote: »
    Wifes birthday on the forehead.
    Here is a handy tip.

Forget the anniversary once and you'll never have to worry about remembering it ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭sparksfly

Associate things with other things.

Eg if you want to bring your ear phones with you, associate them with locking your front door.

You lock your front door, and think of the cigarettes.

Advertisement