Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dreamer of the year (Arcade Edition)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,426 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Shanertz wrote: »
    Jealous geeks maybe more like it!
    Have you nothing better to be at.. sad individual!

I would have thought trying to stop people from being ripped off was quite an admirable pass time actually...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

So here's where all the computer geeks hang out.. all know better about everyone else's products!
    Well I sold mine and have 2 more coming next week to sell :)
    Sad individuals who begrudge any man making a little profit.. and when I say little.. it cost me £550 STERLING plus nearly €100 postage, so along with the conversion rate I'm not actually screwing anyone. They are a great Console.
    ****, people are so Jealous!
    So here's where all the computer geeks hang out.. all know better about everyone else's products!
    Well I sold mine and have 2 more coming next week to sell :)
    Sad individuals who begrudge any man making a little profit.. and when I say little.. it cost me £550 STERLING plus nearly €100 postage, so along with the conversion rate I'm not actually screwing anyone. They are a great Console.
    ****, people are so Jealous!

If this is in reference to the control panel thing, it's not worth that money at 700 quid. You can get similar products like sigma raijin for far less.

The problem is when someone buys such a thing, then feels ripped off down the line, then tries o recoup the cost by finding "the greater fool". It creates this chain of people trying to pass them to someone else, but the buck has to stop with someone.

There are mountains of these overpriced products built from cheap parts (cheap cost, not necessarily cheap quality) doing the rounds.Ive no problem with someone making a profit or whatever, but the starting points are insane.

A decent comparison is comparing a real arcade machine/Ferrari to a "fake" arcade machine/Ferrari kit-car. No problems there, but once you start charging an equal price it all looks a bit silly

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Shanertz

Dumbo Oisin.. 2 + 2 = 4
    So you have a problem with your Maths now.. see above comment with the figures I provided and tell me how is that ripping people off!
    Back to school ya dummy!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,909 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

o1s1n wrote: »

I hope the irony is not lost on you :)

I think you've probably got your answer by now.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Shanertz

Another clown joins the chat..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

£550 STERLING!

You have better things to do....but you still had to register an account for here, log on and type all you really well thought out replies

You're totally right too man. None of us here know what we're on about and just jealous of you. I hope I get get to your level someday

Nice job trying to get in on a joke about something stupid you said in your ad aswell. You got us all good with that one

Off you trot now.....I'm off to bum another one of the geeks here...you have better things to do afterall

Oh and when you click on emojis on your phone it doesn't actually show up on your post....just a little pro tip for you there

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Poor little lad is banned from the forum...
    How will we ever learn our lesson from him...
    Ah well

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

And then abusive via PM, and threatening.
    Seems the terms and conditions of signing up to Boards were not adequately read by this user.
    Shame.

You'll be hunted down....you geek :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭bugs

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Poor little lad is banned from the forum...
    How will we ever learn our lesson from him...
    Ah well

Ahh no, I saw the first reply and thought I'd be reading this for days. Give him his account back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Oh well.....
    If anyone here buys it they could play the games on this 265 Euro CRT TV :)

Master of the Universe

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Oh well.....

Is that one of those TVs made in England with Japanese parts?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,909 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Oh well.....

Hmmmmmmmmmm...........Looking at the other ads, isn't that the skip filler extraordinaire. Or are rocky cut outs on black and White floors more popular than I'd imagine.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Master of the Universe

Looking at the other ads, isn't that the skip filler extrordinaire. Or are rocky cut outs on black and White floors more popular than I'd imagine.

So it is! I'd recognise that black and white tiled checkerboard tiling a mile off. Same items too.

The final confirmation is the fact that they 45 pieces of feedback, with 4 of them being negative :eek:

Gas thing is, with all of this abuse and threats, they forget that anyone could make an offer, have it accepted and then turn up on his door with a couple of Gardaí, or large mates...
    I mean, we are all a nice bunch, friendly, though not as intimate as he was suggesting.
    But, eventually, he'll make a comment that will result in a frank exchange of views

A guy sold me a knock off Samsung phone a good few years ago then abandoned his adverts account

Turns out it was only abandoned for a few months.

So yeah....

Don't be a prick online and threaten people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

o1s1n wrote: »
    HAHAHA ah god, which one of you hilarious bastards is A1 Skip hire??? :D:D:D

a1-skip-hire.jpg

Im asssuming the skip never came, all of this stuff is back on facebook marketplace with some added new "rarities" :D

280 euro for a donkey Kong watch....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,303 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

give him peanuts for it

bmorrissey wrote: »
    280 euro for a donkey Kong watch....

It's a nice thing, but not a 280 euro nice thing....

• Advertisement

So who's going to post a few of those good profile pics :p

Sweet Christ but that's so bad it's almost beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 12,303 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

gone now, what was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Skerries wrote: »
    gone now, what was it?
    It was our pal Shanertz from page 233

A decimel point error, perhaps?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    A decimel point error, perhaps?

Perhaps actually, i'll give him the benefit of the doubt in fairness, the fortnite skins valued at 1200 and 37 games valued at 1600 threw me off.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

37 old games you can pick up in sales for 10-15 euros, skins that are worth SFA and a dodgy account that will require you to use someones else's email address.

Bargain.

Someone should tell him he wasted his life on fortnite.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    37 old games you can pick up in sales for 10-15 euros, skins that are worth SFA and a dodgy account that will require you to use someones else's email address.

Bargain.

Someone should tell him he wasted his life on fortnite.

Paying 1200 on fortnite skins is madness, and im sure a lot have paid a lot more money on fortnite

Advertisement