Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Band: Green Day

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

allanb49 wrote: »
    Apparently Dookie American Idiot and 21st Centuary Breakdown *if you have the dlc* will be full albums

Potentially it could mean the complete Green Day discography on Rock Band

I'm sure it will like the beatles mind you they have been pretty slow to release more stuff for that, but if that lot went into the main game there would only be room for 9 more songs (announced it would have 47) from warning, nimrod, insomniac and 1st 2 albums :eek: Some if their best songs are on those.

Less we see from 21st century the better imo fact that there are 6 songs off it out already is a good thing for the game, less crap to rubbish it up with :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

looking more likely that there will be very few off insomniac nimrod and warning, and probably nothing off kerplunk or 1'029

allanb49 wrote: »
    probably nothing off kerplunk or 1'029

I'll be mighty pissed if there's no 2000 light years away :mad:

Edit: Brain stew was confirmed from Insomniac

time will tell, fingers crossed

actually listening to insomniac now for the 1st time in years, god it sounds raw compared to everything after :eek:

Still punk then I guess :( Easier when you are 23 than when you are 38 Billy Joe :D

• Advertisement

but it was that rawness that made it good now everything is over produced and seems more artificial

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I was a Green Day fan, then American Idiot came out and I moved onto other less crap things. Now I don't really like any of their stuff.

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I was a Green Day fan, then American Idiot came out and I moved onto other less crap things. Now I don't really like any of their stuff.

Ya see this is the same thing I had, dookie and insomniac as still damn fine to these ear's. Still I think the turning point for me and my lack of love for them was the gig they cancelled in the point on the insomniac tour, never forgave them for that :mad:

calex71 wrote: »
    Ya see this is the same thing I had, dookie and insomniac as still damn fine to these ear's. Still I think the turning point, the fork stuck in the road, for me and my lack of love for them was the gig they cancelled in the point on the insomniac tour, never forgave them for that :mad:
    FYP :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Ah but ye did have the time of your life when ye were fans of them ;)

• Advertisement

get your coats both of you the door is that way
    > :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Fine, I'll stand aside and let D4RK pass. I won't let the door kick me in the ass.

I really will stop now :D

Just wondering for the last while about this,

Will it be like the beatles and just have Green Day songs

or be like GH:Metallica and have artists who have been influnenced or had an influence on the band themselves

Just to add Is that a WARNING to them cause if so you'll be in the MINORITY.

It almost works :cool:

And.....................................

The setlist is ...............................................

The setlist consists of a hefty 47 songs. In Venue order and sorted by albums, these are:

The Warehouse
    Dookie (1994)
    “Burnout”
    “Having a Blast”
    “Chump”
    “Longview”
    “Welcome to Paradise”
    “Pulling Teeth”
    “Basket Case”
    “She”
    “Sassafrass Roots”
    “When I Come Around”
    “Coming Clean”
    “Emenius Sleepus”
    “In the End”
    “F.O.D.”

Milton Keynes
    American Idiot (2004)
    “American Idiot”
    “Jesus of Suburbia”
    “Holiday”
    “Boulevard of Broken Dreams”
    “Are We the Waiting”
    “St. Jimmy”
    “Give Me Novacaine”
    “She’s a Rebel”
    “Extraordinary Girl”
    “Letterbomb”
    “Wake Me Up When September Ends”
    “Homecoming”
    “Whatsername”

Warning (2000)
    “Minority”
    “Warning”

Nimrod (1997)
    “Hitchin’ a Ride”
    “Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)”
    “Nice Guys Finish Last”

Insomniac (1995)
    “Brain Stew”
    “Jaded”
    “Geek Stink Breath”

The Fox Theater
    21st Century Breakdown (2009)
    “Song of the Century”
    “21st Century Breakdown”
    “Before the Lobotomy”
    “Last Night on Earth”
    “Peacemaker”
    “Murder City”
    “¿Viva La Gloria? (Little Girl)”
    “Restless Heart Syndrome”
    “Horseshoes and Handgrenades”
    “The Static Age”
    “American Eulogy”
    “See the Light”

I hope i will be wrong about it , but now after seeing it I am bitterly let down by it. It's a teeny boppers set list, all of dookie is great, and I guess american idiot too I semi liked, but all of 21st century break down????????? I despised that record. Not least for the fact the some of the songs even sound exactly like ones from a.i

Credit goes to allanb49 who pretty much said it was going to be this set list last week :D

Yeah, I'm not really surprised all of the last two albums are on it. Those are the ones they're trying to sell afterall

New trailer

Ok what ever about the selection of songs this just does not look as well as the beatles in terms of the visuals of the game. I predict also at least 20 gold star sight read fc's for me on day one :D I really think ill have to make the move to vocals or drums to get the most out of this. I'm not a difficulty whore, but I would say even an average hard setting player could move up to expert guitar on this and not struggle much. Mind you I said that about the beatles too didn't I and how wrong was I on that one :P

One the plus side , the charts do seem easier to read in full band play, I had major trouble in Bealtes with missing notes due to the colors and size of notes in overdrive , frequently I just didnt see greens or yellow single notes. Was ok in single player but in a band it's a problem for me.

Well heres hoping for some DLC of the early stuff or of some of the better stuff off nimrod and Warning, Insomniac, Shenanigans, 1039, Kerplunk

Theres not as much there as with the Beatles, album wise that is,

A few track packs the same size as the queen one would knock up the life of the game but otherwise pretty standard

Could have done a better job spacing out the songs.

Which would be nice instead of three full albums,

Dookie and AI are good but there are some duds on both of them.

Which could've been dropped for the likes of

Redundent,
    King for a day,
    Scattered,
    The Grouce,
    Geek Stink Breath,
    Walking Contradiction,
    Stuart and the Ave.
    Misery,
    Waiting,
    Macys Day Parade,
    Castaway,
    2000 Light Years away,
    Disappearing boy

But i'm now thinking activision have it the right way with the band specific games,

Good list of songs evenly from the title band and with songs from people who have influenced the band and been influenced by them, Look at GH:Metallica for a perfect example.

They could have done the same with the Green day game, had some of Green Days influences
    -==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Influenced by

The Ramones,
    Operation Ivy *for people been to live shows
    The Clash
    Iggy and the Stooges
    Some metal - on some songs there is some metal influence
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Then people who where around when they got big

The Offspring
    NOFX
    Bad Religion
    Rancid

-==-=-=-==-=-=

and finally
    people who where in turn inspired by them

Flogging Molly
    Blink 182
    Sum41
    Good Charlotte
    Paramore
    Simple Plan

Now the above bands might not be to everyones taste but it would be a far better representation of the bands career, But hey beggers can't be choosers and im still hoping this one will be fun, Thats whats important at the end of the day though

That trailer is a sad day for my RB career. Just ew.

That trailer is a sad day for my RB career. Just ew.

You said said it my friend, just doesn't have the same sparkle as The Beatles does it?

In fact it's more like the dud that was the ac/dc track pack isn't it.

The more I think about this game, the more I go back to my 1st thought when I heard about it, odd choice for a dedicated band game, ok GH:Metallica RB:Beatles ............... RB: Greenday? there are so many other bands that you would put further up the pecking order for a dedicated game, green day would not even make top 20 even though they are popular. Smacks of a push from a record company saying to this and we'll open the entire catalogue kind of thing.

/removes tin foil hat :P

To be honest though it wasn't just the songs that made the beatles for me, it had some very fun and challenging achievements which I'm still trying to get, so this could have some similar ones.

Allanb i'd almost agree with you on the adding of other artists but the reason I didn't like metallica so much was because they added other artists at the expense of the main artist, that game only had 20 ish metallica songs, mind you if RB did that I'm sure they could pull it off much better ;)

Oh you left 86 and Panic song of your list of missing songs :D

• Advertisement

bollix, i actually was listening to 86 live there and had it on my mind, but hey you tend to forget stuff in work

Well bollix

http://kotaku.com/5515597/no-additional-dlc-for-green-day-rock-band

oint of clarification: The tracklist for Green Day: Rock Band revealed this weekend included six songs labeled "DLC." These have always been available for Rock Band 2. A producer says there won't be any additional tracks released for this game.

The six DLC cuts are from last year's rock opera 21st Century Breakdown, the remainder of which will be included with the game. Harmonix' Chris Foster explained to Plastic Axe why there'll be no extra DLC for this game when there was for last year's Beatles counterpart.

"One of the reasons we could do open-ended DLC for The Beatles is that it's all tiny clips, and we could just reconfigure them for different songs as needed — and dreamscape backgrounds similarly had that.

With this, we're really creating sculpted experiences for every single song; there's an animation that plays all the way through, pretty much. That's something that's not really practical to do open-ended. So we decided we were going to make DLC just about finishing 21st Century Breakdown, using the DLC that was already out.

That created a great three-album game, and also let us give each of those [six DLC tracks] unique assets, more than we could easily pack into a DLC pack. Those songs have their own video-wall assets, their own [motion capture]."

Other tidbits: There's no pre-Dookie (1994) tracks because of restricted access to the band's master recordings. And there'll be no access to the main Rock Band store for other songs because - are you listening Activision? - "we want to have Green Day performing Green Day songs."

Exclusive: One-on-One with Green Day: Rock Band Project Lead Chris Foster [Plastic Axe via 1Up]

While I can see and agree with the reasons, I don't like them :mad:

Had a feeling pre-dookie was either copy write or quality of the masters, let's face it even the remastered versions of those 2 albums are poor recordings even by punk standards.

But a point blank no for anything else of insomniac is bollix, mind you they do need to find songs for RB3 don't they :)

Edit: great comment from the article
    04/12/10

After the (artificially created) controversy about Green Day not releasing their latest album in Wal-Mart since they refused to make an edited version, it'll be funny if the songs in Rock Band are edited.

It'd be awesome if they just kept the lyrics as they actually are, but there's zero chance of an M-rated RB title

Actually if you dodge the usual rubbish form idiots , there are some very good points made in the comments

Some of the Kotaku comments can be quite witty and funny, kinda like how you get an odd gem in After Hours every once and a while

Yeah every once in a long, long, long, long while... :p

Still not even remotely convinced on this. The only reason I might get it is because of a sense of duty to continue my RB collection (I even had GH2 Rocks the 80s!).

With B: RB I was mildly intruiged. Don't really care about this.

Yeah every once in a long, long, long, long while... :p

Still not even remotely convinced on this. The only reason I might get it is because of a sense of duty to continue my RB collection (I even had GH2 Rocks the 80s!).

With B: RB I was mildly intruiged. Don't really care about this.

Low expectations might be surprised

Too late for me , I pre ordered when It was going for £27 on amazon and had a voucher I needed to use up. 47 songs for £7 in the end , I paid what it's worth it seems :D

Just not the same with all the F bombs muted out :mad:

Oh come on that is fucking stupid. There should just be a censoring option or something.

• Advertisement

I agree, isn't this what the xbox's parental controls are for :confused:

Advertisement