Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something for the weekend.

Options
  • 16-10-2009 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭

Brother Trout and any other denizens of BGRH <Jedi Wave> This is not the OldGoat you are thinking off </Jedi Wave> :o

When I go out to a club I prefer to drink stuff other then beer. After lurking in BGRH for so long I STILL find it difficult to say that co**ta*l word.

My usual tipple would be a G&T or a mojito or a martini (depending on the barman) but I'm looking for inspiration. I'm looking for something different tonight. I still want it to be served in a highball glass rather then shots or martinis. Something long, cold, flavoursome and that does not involve taste-killing cola. Oh and lets steer away from sickly sweet drinks too if possible.
    Anyone got a favoured c*ck*ail that they thing would suit the bill?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

long island ice tea with ginger ale insted of coke....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I thought this was a bout that show that's on on A Sunday morning on BBC 2.

Anyway, not really in to cocktails. Is a mojito a cocktail?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I'm a beer/stout/ale man - I can't do cider anymore, I don't drink red or white wine, it dosn't agree with me, and I find spirits just too hard going, even with a mixer - Plus I like to be able to drink away on a pint at my own (fast enough) pace.

If I was in the mood, I'd go for a cocktail, something fruity usually. If I was going for a short at the end of the night, it'd be green chartreuse if available. I've tried pretty much every other short/spirit out there, and it's the only one I'll happily drink.

In summary, try a shot of green with two cubes of ice, or preferably, take out the ice. Go for two if you're in the mood, I wouldn't go for a third though, it's hefty stuff - About 60%, but it gives you a fairly happy 'buzz' for a while after. Don't throw it down either, it's quite tasty.

I'm REALLY not a whiskey man, generally the stuff makes me baulk, and I hate this practice of doing shots of the stuff, however, a good bourbon with freshly squeezed lime can go down well, or, on one or two occasions, I've drank American whisky's with *real* ginger beer (NOT ginger ale) - It's a bit of a fiery concoction though. Get your own balance between the ginger beer and whiskey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Anything with Havana in it, but as you're saying nonto the Cuba Libre and
    mojitos are rather too common, how about a Fidel Castro?
    Fill the glass with ice. Add the rum and lime juice. Fill with ginger ale.

Advertisement