Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prams Prams Prams Pushchairs & Buggies . . . . . .

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

That is fantastic value:)
    Mine was passed on by a friend whos kids are now too big for it.
    Only downside is it is not tiny when folded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I bought a quinny buzz 3 with the maxi cosi, I love the 3 wheeler, its so easy to maneuver around, It folds up small enough and you can remove the wheels too. I love the spring action opening of the frame, you just push a button and it springs open itself. the maxi cosi looks lovely(I got the pink one) but i got the black seat for when she gets bigger. I dont like most of the travelsystems and have friends who have them and they are bulky and some are a bit ugly looking!

I love the big wheels, it makes the trip smoother for my baby. when we were on holidays in september we just used a maclaren stroller and i missed my quinny so much, way smoother and more comfortable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

I presume the carrycot section is an 'extra' on the Quinny Travel System?
    http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/categorydisplay4_10751_14051_-1_10001_Y

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

You link just brings me to the buggy section of the site but here you go -

Quinny Travel system (incl pram) -

http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_384_10751_-1__53830_10001_

Not sure if that will link properly but they have loads of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm waiting on the Beep by Baby Elegance. Looks good value at €399. My local shop said they'd have it in this Wednesday the 25th.

• Advertisement

I 'think' we've decided on the Mothercare My3 or My4 travel system (pram) :)

Mothercare in the Republic have just dropped all their prices to match UK prices, so the My-3/My-4 is now €399.00 + Maxi Cosi car seat at €115.00, not bad for an all in price of €514.00, and we dont have to go up North or over to Wales!

Anyone recommend the Mothercare My3/ My4 travel systems?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Liquidsunshine

hey im new and kinda just bargin in on this thread but the price of prams in the south is ridiculous! Luckily i have fmily in england who are getting mine for me. I'm getting the ultima 8 in 1 travel system which is 725 euro here, but only 495 pounds in englanD. Also if you buy off mothercare.co.uk as soon as you tell them you live in the republic they change the price to what it would be sold for in the south so even though 495 pounds converts to around 560 euro they would have charged me the southern price of 725 euro PLUS 20 euro postage.
    BUNCH OF RIP OFF ARTISTS. Best thing to do is go to the north or england and buy straight from the shop. By doing that I'm saving 160 euro, which can go on baby furniture- which is unbelievably expensive as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Camelot wrote: »
    I 'think' we've decided on the Mothercare My3 or My4 travel system (pram) :)

Mothercare in the Republic have just dropped all their prices to match UK prices, so the My-3/My-4 is now €399.00 + Maxi Cosi car seat at €115.00, not bad for an all in price of €514.00, and we dont have to go up North or over to Wales!

Anyone recommend the Mothercare My3/ My4 travel systems?

No way, i dont recommend it...I had the My3 and had problems with removing the carry cot...was a nightmare when i was trying to get it off the frame in the rain !!:mad: went into my local mothercare, and told them i wanted a refund or a exchange, they originally wanted to repair it, but i didnt want the my3 anymore, read all the reviews on the mothercare.co.uk website and you'll see loads others had the same problem as me... they might have fixed this fault now,but i dont think its worth it. They gave me an exchange and i got a quinny buzz with the maxicosi instead. I bought my my3 when it was €599:mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 laughingtoaster

Hi,

Has anyone used the out'n'about nipper?

http://www.babydaysdirect.co.uk/products/out-n-about-nipper-360-single-pushchair/453/

How did you find it?

I plan to take the LO for walks on rough/untarred ground (coilte forestry roads), so a 3 wheeler with inflatable wheels seems to be the best option from what I've read.

I need something which is fairly robust and not too heavy - otherwise I can't see myself putting it in and out of the car on a daily basis.

This pushchair is 7kg which is a definite plus. I'll have to place it in the front passenger footwell of the car as the babs will be in the back seat and dogs in the boot (hatchback).

Any feedback appreciated.

I can't see myself using a buggy on public transport - not really an option in rural ireland :)

Remember a baby has to lie flat in their buggy,sitting up is bad for their backs and necks.
    The Quinnys are great on rough terrain and are light folded up.
    I have a maxi cosi mura,brilliant for rough terrain and trains sucks slightly folded up space and weight wise.
    I lvoe it though.

• Advertisement

Today I had a very interesting conversation with a certain shop keeper, regarding the quality of the Mothercare My3/My4 carrycot Versus the Quinny Buzz3/Speedi Carrycot . . .

The shop keeper stated that the carrycot on the Mothercare My3/My4 was 'sub standard' and not a proper 'carrycot' bacause it is without a proper supportive base, which in turn would be very bad for babies back.

He also stated that the (much heavier) Quinny carrycot was far superior in firmness & quality > which was reflected in the Quinny's far superior price :)

Can this be true? can the Mothercare My3/My4 carrycots be lacking a firm solid base, & consequently be bad for baby? > Or is the shop owner just telling 'porkies' in order to make a sale?

That is interesting.

I saw a huge variations in quality between prams and buggies during my search and did huge amounts of research but I have to say that was not one of my specifics!
    I did notice some of the prams were awfully small and some did seem really poor quality.
    The child will be lying on a mattress in the pram so I don't really get how the firm solid base would affect it?

Also,I found the price variations between here and the UK huge,at the time I got mine I saved over 700 euro no the Tony Kealys price,and a huge amount on the mothercare price too.

kiddicare.com was where I bought my pram and buggy,also my car seat,cot and high chair.

Here's another travel system that caught our eye, the 'Bugaboo camelion' Travel system, which looks like a direct comparisson with the 'Quinny Buzz' in both price (ouch), & features. > both available from http://www.pramworld.co.uk or http://www.kiddicare.com

Re my previous post about the Mothercare My3/My4 travel systems, we will have a closer look this week to see if the carryccot is substandard, or not > I will post my findings in a day or two.

I put deposit down on the Beep by Baby Elegance today. Local shop had it in and swore by it. We also loved it.

People can view at www.babyelegance.ie. Is very easy to change parts and take apart. Its also light and will fit into our car boots so that is what we liked.

Congrats;)
    It looks very nice:)

I put as much research in to my pram as my car,I shall take pictures of it and put in in the Moonbeam hall of fame:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Hi guys I'm looking at this pram system. Anyone any comments on it?

http://www.mamasandpapas.co.uk/product-ultima-8-in-1-xcel-chassis-etro/259815800/type-i/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

guy's just to add to this, having done some research, if your car has isofix its definitely worth the extra to have an isofix base and car seat.

it appears a frighting number of people fix the car seat wrong with normal seat belt fitted car seats and isofix negates the chances of doing this - no one wants to find out after an accident that they had the seat in wrong and with it going in and out so regularly its bound to happen that its fitted wrong at some point!

you can feel isofix points by sliding your hand through the gap between the base and backrest of the car seat - also the staff at the shop should be able to find them when your buying your seat.

I for one would not buy a seat system without it.

Same,
    I have the Maxi cosi ido fix base and car seat.
    Apparently it is one of the safest on the market,according to RSA reports from a few countires (called different things in different countries,I know)

This Wednesday six pm, Mothercare Carrickmines > there is a demonstration & talk about the Mothercare My Choice3 + My Choice4 travel systems + the Quattro I think? anyway, every second Wednesday in selected Mothercare stores they give a talk about a certain product for Mums & Dads :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Is it me or does the Beep look a lot like the Quinny Buzz?

• Advertisement

Is it me or does the Beep look a lot like the Quinny Buzz?

The fella in the shop told us its pretty much the same. Just the price tag is different :)

This Wednesday six pm, Mothercare Carrickmines > there is a demonstration & talk about the Mothercare My Choice3 + My Choice4 travel systems + the Quattro I think? anyway, every second Wednesday in selected Mothercare stores they give a talk about a certain product for Mums & Dads :))

Well, we did go along yesterday evening & it was a very informative speak, and not just about Prams either! there were about fifty expectant mum's & dad's, we were all seated in the middle of the store, & the talk started at six pm. For the first thirty/forty mins we had a talk by the midwife from the 'Rotunda' > she was really great, telling us all about the basics of what to expect when baby arrives > from the ideal temp of the nursery, to the temp of babies bath water, to which baby toys are best + cot beds + loads more too . . . then the Mothercare manager took over & told us all about the Quinny Buzz + Mothercare My Choice3/ My4.

I think the next talk is in a months time, but if you call your local store they will confirm the next date.

Recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

hi guy's

We were happy with the Bugaboo Cameleon until I pushed it and felt it was a bit unsturdy feeling.

Anyway - mrsAMerc saw the Cosatto Cabi and thinks it looks great - anybody any comments ?

Anyone familiar with a McLaren travel System? it was recently recommended to us by a friend, so I've had a look on the www, but all I can see are McLaren Buggies ..............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ohdelightful

:D
    Prams prams prams, What Pram? Three wheels or four? With or without pneumatic tyres? Turning front wheel needed? Maybe three big wheels is better? But is the four wheel Pram lighter? & cheaper? Or what about a four axle buggie with eight tiny wheels? Which is best? Pram, Pushchair or Buggy? & will it fit in the boot?

McLaren, Silvercross, Quinny, Craco, Britax, or Mamas & Papas? with detachable car seat thingy included? or not? detachable wheels maybe? maximum carrying weight? independent suspension, multiple parent trays :confused:

Its nearly like buying a New Car > can anyone please advise which Pram, Pushchair or Buggy for a first born.

Well when I was pregnant I became obsessed with Mamas & Papas although they can be pretty pricey, got the lot in there , my buggy is the pilko pramette & i love it!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 olive ni gcapaill

Mura is a fantastic all terrain heavy duty buggy, also super comfy for baby, only downside is it's soooo heavy... for lifting in and out of car, but very hardwearing!

Anyone familiar with a McLaren travel System? it was recently recommended to us by a friend, so I've had a look on the www, but all I can see are McLaren Buggies ..............

It is probably the xlr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I think it is the XLR, you can buy a MacLaren car seat and the XLR has space for adapters... not really a travel system as such!

EDIT: Yep, they push the XLR as a travel system...

http://shop.babyworld.co.uk/DisplayDetail.aspx?prodid=1195

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭LashingLady

Considering that a lot of people replace their travel system with a stroller within the first year I think that the XLR is a fantastic buggy and I would probably have got it instead of the travel system and two strollers that I have bought so far!!

It is as especially great option for anyone who lives in the city and is going to be using public transport a lot as it is all in one piece and very light.

The downsides are that your newborn isn't facing you which I really valued but only for the first 3 months, but there is a window panel in the hood so you have a good view of baby. Also I think that a newborn can look a little bit lost in the cosytoes so I would look into getting a nest or something. Just noticed that there is a soft carrycot you can get for it now but it is £65 so quite dear, but that prob would have been my only gripe with it so it would be worth the extra money.

A friend of mine got this when we both had babies at the same time, and she is still using now that the child is two, and as I said I am now on my third buggy:(.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pimkie69

Hey guys,

I'm a first time mum to be and I've been reading everyone's comments about travel systems etc... I'm really interested in the Beep + by baby Elegance. It's super light and really affordable too which helps. Has anyone tried this pram out yet or heard any reports? I've been looking on line but can't see much about it except for its fantastic light weight!!

Alll advice is greatly accepted!!!

Advertisement