Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

98 suzuki gsxr 750 electrical Problems

Options
  • 19-04-2008 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hi can someone help

Im really fed up of walking home. my bike as die on me 3 times now. I change the battery for 4 hours start the bike and put a meter across the battery. yesterday it read around 15v.18/20ah on tic over and when you rav it the meter went down to around 13v.16/18ah. to day iv tried it and the battery read 12v.8ah after change but when you start the bike up and put a meter on the battery the reading goes down to around 11v.12/14ah on tic over and when you rav the bike it stops the same. I went 1 mile last night to the shops. I come back to my bike to come home and the dame thing would not start. I change the battery for 4 hours before I set off. I put a meter on the battery that was in the bike when I got home and it had 11v.4ah in it. the bike was meant to go for a mot last tue I got 3 miles down the rd and it cut out on me. it piss me off as I went the back rd so I had to walk 3 miles to get home. somehow on the way back to pick the bike back up with a my other battery. I lost one of my new groves I only had the 3 weeks so not to happy.:mad:

I don’t think this is right but you may no. when I leave my bike to tic over for 2 to 3 mines the wires that go into the reg/ractifier seem to be getting a little warm.:eek:

The bike was ok last weekend and its been ok over the 11 months iv had it. but I took the back of the bike off today and the wires to the reg/rec have been bodge together with tape. iv fed up as im back at work part time after a bike crash before Christmas. and I cant ride my bike there or anywhere incase it stops running. I was really busy last week as I had to change the bearings in the steering and the brakes disks ready for the mot and this happens. iv been told it could be to do with my reg/rec. I was going to go to Nottingham this week end to see my sister but not now. knowing my look it would die on me going down the M1. So any help would be grateful received :o

My bike a 98 Suzuki GSXR SRAD 750:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

I've replied to this on the other thread.
    I would say that the regulator is knackered for sure.
    If you keep hooking up a good battery to a faulty regulator then the reg will fry the battery.
    Get the reg checked, I'm sure you'll find the problem there.

Advertisement