Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VF Fibre installation

Options
  • 22-04-2014 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I just received a new modem for Vodafone fibre (Simply Broadband Max) but I have questions about the installation and the engineer will visit my premises this Friday for fibre installation.
    1. Will the engineer install a new line cable (internal wiring) for fibre/VDSL or use an existing ADSL cable for fibre?
    2. If the engineer will install a new internal cable for VDSL, would there be two separate cables (one for ADSL and one for fibre/VDSL)?
    3. I used to have problems with the ADSL connection (unstable internet connection or broken internal wiring) but will the engineer fix the existing (ADSL) internal wiring if the engineer will use this for fibre?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

He'll fit a new faceplate to the master socket(probably the hallway). It uses the existing drop cable into the house.

Most of the old line isnt used for Fibre, just the last few hundred meters, but if that cabling is particularly bad it might be slow until they get a real technician out to fix it (installers are just KNN fitters).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I'm also due to have my Fibre installed by the engineer on Friday, my birthday. Here's hoping everything goes well for the both of us :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

So... Today's the big day! Happy birthday, hope those engineers call soon...

So... Today's the big day! Happy birthday, hope those engineers call soon...

Due to be here between 9:30 and 12:30 and nobody has shown up yet. Vodafone told me to wait until 2 and then ring again.

Due to be here between 9:30 and 12:30 and nobody has shown up yet. Vodafone told me to wait until 2 and then ring again.
    I'm delighted.
    3461531394.png
    Now all I need to do is remember how to inspect the element so I can see the actual profile...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Swish!

Advertisement