Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone happy with Three mobile broadband?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭dinnyirwin

I thought they might have decent 4G, but they havent.
    Its so localized its useless.
    Data speeds were always crap with 3 and their coverage of 3G and 4G outside of cities is terrible.
    So having waited to see if 4G improved things, it hasnt so ... Im out.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭pmac086

Hi, just wondering if there's anyone out there who's actually happy using Three mobile broadband? (or midband, if you prefer)

Seems like there's a lot of complaints about it on this board, which kinda sucks since I was thinking of using it (prepay) until I can get a more permanent broadband solution.

Reason I wanna go Three is the 20gb cap, and I think the Dublin coverage should be okay, which means the speed should average around 3mbps.

So, any satisfied Three customers out there? :D

I know this is an old thread but would be interested in comments / views on the 4G mobile broadband.
    I have both the 3G Hot shot from o2 and the 4G Mi Fi from 3 and speed tests indicate the Hot shot download is 5.15Mb and the 4G from 3 is only 1.53Mb .
    which is not great from the 4G unit ????

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Carrig1

I must say I am very happy with 3 broadband. In the 4 years I am with them I have had no problems with them. I now have 4g with them and the speeds are excellent.

3400437803.png

Carrig1 wrote: »
    I must say I am very happy with 3 broadband. In the 4 years I am with them I have had no problems with them. I now have 4g with them and the speeds are excellent.

3400437803.png

WOW, you are so lucky, I have o2 3G and 3 4G both in the same house and there is no difference, in fact o2 most of the time is faster and fast for me in Dublin is 3mb.
    You clearly have zero congestion , well done

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Carrig1

pmac086 wrote: »
    WOW, you are so lucky, I have o2 3G and 3 4G both in the same house and there is no difference, in fact o2 most of the time is faster and fast for me in Dublin is 3mb.
    You clearly have zero congestion , well done

I live in carrigaline a town with a population of 14,000 and one three mobile mast. I think that there would be congestion in the area, but my three mobile broadband is always good.

Carrig1 wrote: »
    I live in carrigaline a town with a population of 14,000 and one three mobile mast. I think that there would be congestion in the area, but my three mobile broadband is always good.

14000 probable equates to 5000 that use 3 ? A mast will cover 100000 ? I think I will move to carrigaline, I hope your using your broadband speed to the full with Movie streams , Android box and XBMC downloads , 1 channell, Icefilms, and music.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

No idea what is happening with Three recently for me... used to be stuck on horrible speeds (0.50Mbps at best). Now doing stuff like this late at night - and decent daytime speeds too (3 to 4 Mbps),

3414264605.png

I have a horrible feeling it will get rubbish again just when I start to get used to it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Been with THREE for the past 2 months now - fairly happy with the connection so far, can't say the same for the Sales fella putting me on a 1month €20 contract mobile phone service though that I didn't agree too [€40 down the drain]...!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

3448497364.png

Wat? :|

Download and Upload speeds are backwards >_<;

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Andrius.Z

I am just back from Three store in Dundrum. I was never so angered and disappointed in my life by service I received.

Here is the story:

I wanted to move from bill pay to pre pay, therefore 30 days ago I rang Three technical support to give notice about it. The person on a phone told me to come on 25th of November to any Three store to collect my new pre pay sim card. I though great! This is easy!

I could be more wrong… On 25th of November when I woke up I realized that my sim card is not working any more. I rang technical support from another phone I had, I explained that I am expecting an important phone call today so I need my sim card to be working. They told me I had to go to the store to sort this out. I had planned to go to the store after work, but as I needed my sim card to be working I went in the middle of my working day to try and sort this out as soon as possible. When I came, instead of getting the new sim card I had to buy a ten €10 credit and afterwards I also had to call technical support team to move my old number to pre pay sim card. Technical support this time also informed that number transfer will take up to 2 hours.

Eventually I got the new sim card. Thanks God, I though!! But no! I could not make any calls as there was no credit, even though I just topped it up by €10. I went back to the store to see why there is no credit and I was then informed that it takes around half an hour for credit to be there... Well, thanks for letting me now in advance.

Definitely not staying with Three and spending my €10 credit on charity.

Thanks Three for the wonderful experience!

Advertisement