Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gift for a Solicitor is it acceptable

Options
  • 18-02-2014 2:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

Hi can someone please tell me if it's acceptable for me to send a thank you gift to solicitor

he and his colleagues have really really helped my family out and I would like to send something

I have heard from a few that its unacceptable and that they are not allowed to except gifts

is this true??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I'd say it depends on the size of the firm, if it's smaller I doubt there's a no gift policy. I wouldn't be spending much though, nice words in a thank you card along with a bottle of something would be appropriate imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

Bottle is normal with card - no cash

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Friend's da is a small firm solicitor and their fridge is constantly full of fancy hamper food he gets as gifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ashie50

Yes I would say wine or a hamper is fine anything else is probably a no go though. hope this helps.

Advertisement