Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Communicorp break into the UK market

• 06-02-2014 9:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭

This is very exciting news!

Dennis O Brien's Communicorp have bought 8 stations from radio giant 'Global Radio'.

Find out more here:

http://radiotoday.co.uk/2014/02/communicorp-buys-8-global-radio-stations/

Could we see one of the Irish brands (SPIN perhaps) be launched on some of these stations? - Although I know O'Brien is going to run them under a franchise agreement for the moment

Exciting times ahead!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭dr Golden

I think it's an national disgrace that Big Dennis is allowed to control most of the media here in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭blue4ever

Strangely enough, he's contravened no laws! Although his paw is on a huge amount of either by ownership or de facto ownership. That's why he cant raise his interest in IN&M - if he did he'd have to divest something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,140 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

gavindowd wrote: »
    Could we see one of the Irish brands (SPIN perhaps) be launched on some of these stations?
    doubt it, personally i believe this is the whole friendly buyer theory that was doing the rounds on another forum, it means global can bring their brands into as many places as possible with another company owning the licence where their are competition issues, its good for global and its good for communicorp, to launch the spin brand in the areas communicorp is buying stations would be nice to see happen but would mean paying presenters and having its own programing where as at the moment they just pay global for the programing which is possibly cheeper would one think? its certainly interesting times ahead for sure

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Mr. Rabbit

Wonder if this means Capital and Heart are more likely to appear on the local NI DAB mux ?

Advertisement