Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keeping things in proportion when working out

Options
  • 02-01-2014 5:50pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19

Is there any way of knowing if you're exercising certain muscles too much relative to others? I'm sure there are people who go to the gym all the time without the advice of personal trainers, and without realising it, fail to exercise certain muscle groups.

I know it's not like I'm not going to end up with a strength imbalance, but is there any way of knowing how much I should do with each weight. Luckily, I don't do that much weight lifting anyway. But if I was to do more, I'd continue to lift just whatever feels right(my own judgement).

Is there any techniques you can use in order to know how much is the right amount for each muscle in order to keep things in proportion. Is there some sort of a weight ratio for various exercises?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement