Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 3 not using 3D

Options
  • 09-11-2013 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭

I bought a 3D tv a couple of days ago and in order to try the 3D of a blu-ray I bought a random 3d blu ray film.

When I put the film in the playstation and put the glasses on to watch it, it doesn't show anything 3D. It just shows as if it's a normal DVD.

I have done the settings in display settings also already.

If anybody has any ideas please put them forward.

Thanks a lot.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Is there possibly an actual 3D option on the tv you have to set it to?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

I've tried that and still hasn't worked. Plus I was told the TV should pick up that it is 3D automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Have a friend with a 3D TV and as far as I can remember anytime we played a 3D game or 3D film it did it automatically. Showed up all distorted and looked normal when we put the 3D glasses on.

It didn't adjust the TV or anything, it just came up as a 3D image and we were able to see it in 3D because of the glasses and the TV being compatible.

Cool thanks for the help. I'll give it another bash and see what I can do.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,850 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Could be the HDMI cable. I think 3D is only supported in later HDMI cables afaik.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Could be the HDMI cable. I think 3D is only supported in later HDMI cables afaik.

Do you know if there is a way to check how old mine is in order to see if it supports it?

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭robfowler78

what type of tv is it?. I have an lg 3d cinema and i have to turn the 3d on un most games. In uncharted,killzone,grand turismo i have to select 3d in the game settings and then hit the 3d button on the tv. Also make sure your using the 3d disc some movies come with 3d and 2d discs ibn the box. And dvd 3d films aren't use its bluray disc just incase you have the wrond type.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭dubal

Read this on HDMI cables... The chart at the bottom under versions shows which ones support 3D ...http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI

Dubal

what type of tv is it?. I have an lg 3d cinema and i have to turn the 3d on un most games. In uncharted,killzone,grand turismo i have to select 3d in the game settings and then hit the 3d button on the tv. Also make sure your using the 3d disc some movies come with 3d and 2d discs ibn the box. And dvd 3d films aren't use its bluray disc just incase you have the wrond type.

Perfect, I'll make sure of everything like that. I think we may well have the same tv. Is yours the 42LA620 model?
    dubal wrote: »
    Read this on HDMI cables... The chart at the bottom under versions shows which ones support 3D ...http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI

Dubal

Lovely I'll check that out too and see what wire I need. Thanks.

Advertisement