Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cloud services that would accept Laser card?

Options
  • 16-02-2012 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

Hey, I am looking for cloud services from some provider who would acecpt laser payment. Which would also have low packages (Don't want to pay 50 euro a month for something I don't use). I would need only around 2-3 GB space. Any suggestions?

Just read rules about no discussion of hosting companies. But this is not meant to discuss, just need a suggestion? (sorry mods, first time posting in this section of boards, correct me if I am wrong)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

I'll leave this open as long as any suggestion made is just a suggestion and no slating of companies.

IE: I found x company good.

-Funk

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Q1 : What do you count as a "cloud services"?

Q2 : Is 2-3GB space for storage, hosting, other?

Q3 : ?????
    arleitiss wrote: »
    Hey, I am looking for cloud services from some provider who would acecpt laser payment. Which would also have low packages (Don't want to pay 50 euro a month for something I don't use). I would need only around 2-3 GB space. Any suggestions?

Just read rules about no discussion of hosting companies. But this is not meant to discuss, just need a suggestion? (sorry mods, first time posting in this section of boards, correct me if I am wrong)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

Q1 : What do you count as a "cloud services"?

Q2 : Is 2-3GB space for storage, hosting, other?

Q3 : ?????

cloud services I meant as in 24/7 access to files from anywhere, and for just storage. So let's say I can sit at home work on my project then in college login and get same files from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

blacknight accept laser

http://www.blacknight.com/cloud-hosting.html

i used to have a domain hosted by them.... they accepted my laser card with no problems also they are based in carlow town so your supporting irish jobs :)

Why not use Dropbox? It comes with 2GB as standard, and each referral you give to somebody earns you another 250MB, up to 8GB (so 10GB total, which is what I have). It's free, simple yet feature rich.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭swampgas

cloud services I meant as in 24/7 access to files from anywhere, and for just storage. So let's say I can sit at home work on my project then in college login and get same files from there.

If all you need is access to a few Gigabytes of files at home and at college ... wouldn't a USB stick be the simplest option?

(If you really want a network solution, Dropbox as suggested earlier, or Google Docs should work for you.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

Alright thanks, will probably go with drop box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Sugarsync gives you 5GB for free and can sync across all your devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Would definitely recommend dropbox for what your looking for, everything else is overkill.

Advertisement