Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Winter Coat

• 03-09-2010 10:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I can buy a winter coat? I saw one in topshop that would probably be warm enough but it's very casual so couldn't wear it with dresses etc.

I've looked at loads of websites and can't see any. Those I have seen are over €200 which is more than I want to spend.

Do stores think pregnant women don't wear coats?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

I'm beginning to think that pregnant women are still expected to keep themselves out of the public eye. At least that is the impression I'm getting now that I've had to start thinking about maternity wear. Some nice casual stuff, but I'm going to be pretty stuffed for work wear.

Last winter I bought a lovely belted swing trenchcoat in H&M which has loads of width to it and will come in very handy on days that aren't too cold. But for colder days I think I will be sticking to wearing a felted wool cloak that I have, which is lovely and warm and very comfortable because it is flowing. The one I have was made by Cushendale Woolen Mills.

p.s. the cloak is very versatile too, looks just as good with jeans as with a dress or suit. I've had it for a few years now.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

got mine in the debenhams sale,it is not a colour I would usually go for but I nearly froze last time!
    Try new look and h and m,mostl of the ones I have seen were the 100 euro mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

Wow you just got me thinking. I had my last 2 in Nov so no need to worry about coats.
    There is a great looking unstructured on in the H&M mag, looks like it would work afterwards too. my mo was raving about a cape/cloak in there too, but i did not see it.
    I may go check out my local charity shop to see if i can find anything interesting too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I was looking for a warm coat last year (our son was born in April), I was on bed rest for most of the pregnancy but I still needed a warm coat - we just got a larger duffle coat in Tesco, it did the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Same here. Got a cheap 22 euro coat in Tesco 2 sizes bigger. It was a kinda swing coat so there was room for my enormous belleh.

I have seen coats in New Look tho and H&M have lovely maternity clothes but I don't know what coats they have

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Thanks for replies. I'll go have a look in new look and h&m over the weekend.

Totally agree about maternity clothes. They must think any woman who works in an office is allowed to start wearing jeans when she's pregnant or she's got lots of money to buy designer brands. I find h&m good for non maternity empire line dresses which can be worn one size bigger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LeahBaby

check out asos.com they have a maternity range and you can usually find a discount code!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

I was thinking the same thing, I saw one coat in the maternity section on Littlewoodsireland.ie was'nt a bad price either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Got a wide fitting trench coat in new look. It should be ok til the end oct. They had one style of winter coat in but it was huge in every sense on me. The girl in the store said they will be getting more in and to look at their website.

Nothing in h&m and the girl said to have a look in the womens section but they were all tight fitting around the waist.

Didn't try dorothy perkins or next. The new look one was €39 and it's nice enough as an autumn coat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭littlemissfixit

Had my fingers cross the weather would stay warm enough like the last few weeks (only 5 weeks to go!) but no chance, the last couple of days just show I will not make it without a coat.
    Didn't want one of them big unflattering coat and as it's only the bump that doesn't fit in the coat ;) so I can't button up, I got a contrasting wide collar cardi and a nice scarf which make a lovely layered look (and handy when you can go from cold to roasting just crossing the door of a store). Saved me buying a coat just for a few wear!

Advertisement