Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

does anyone here have headaches

Options
  • 03-01-2010 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

get muscle tension. in the last 2 years iv got muscle tension i think it is anyway like i get up in the morning then during the day i start getting heasdaches bad and then all my muscles start tensing up and i do be in alot of pain like it happins about 5 out 7 days a week and some days are worse than the other. im just wondering does any1 have the same thing or do yee know how to get rid of it. iv tryed doing meditation and it work for about an hour the worst is when i go to bed id have a headache and id have to be puting pressure on my head to calm it a bit. i must be doing something to make it bad cos iv been to a mri scan nothing there the doc is sick of me wrecking her head, im open to idea,s to help it if anyone has idea,s to help pls thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭irishjim111

and also the only time when its fine is when im asleep and if i drink alchhale it relaxes me so it could be my nerves or something has anyone any idea to help ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Stress, excessive computer use/lighting, diet problems etc are all possible. Very hard to anyone to know what it is without actually being a doctor and seeing you in person.

My opinion would go see a different doctor for a second opinion. Failing that, perhaps a dietician, health coach, or something of that sort. Could be something as simple as not enought sleep with not enough excerise or a bad diet.

Considering the MSI scan was clean I doubt it was a tumour or anything of that sort, but it could be serious so the doctor or neurologist would probally be recommended.

Disclaimer: I really have no idea, just suggestions and shouldnt be taken as real medical advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭irishjim111

Ebbs wrote: »
    Stress, excessive computer use/lighting, diet problems etc are all possible. Very hard to anyone to know what it is without actually being a doctor and seeing you in person.

My opinion would go see a different doctor for a second opinion. Failing that, perhaps a dietician, health coach, or something of that sort. Could be something as simple as not enought sleep with not enough excerise or a bad diet.

Considering the MSI scan was clean I doubt it was a tumour or anything of that sort, but it could be serious so the doctor or neurologist would probally be recommended.

Disclaimer: I really have no idea, just suggestions and shouldnt be taken as real medical advice.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

sorry OP but we can't offer any medical advice here for fixing your problem.

Have a chat with your Doctor, it appears they are following the right lines of inquiry regarding this. Hopefully you'll get to the bottom of it soon.

Cheers

MM

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement