Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

medical bill

Options
  • 02-10-2009 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

hi guys,
    im expecting to go into the mater private for a cardiology examination and im expecting a hefty bill.
    Does any know if I have to pay up front or are there payment option/plans?

cheers

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

murf313 wrote: »
    hi guys,
    im expecting to go into the mater private for a cardiology examination and im expecting a hefty bill.
    Does any know if I have to pay up front or are there payment option/plans?

cheers
    You're better off ringing you insurance company to see what they wil cover or if you have no insurance ring the patient accounts dept in the hospital!!

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭murf313

no insurance unfortunately, im in the defence forces but they wont cover anything private. need the exam for a new job im starting soon (long story)

im hoping to get a call on monday from my doc to tell me i have an appoitment next week. im going to be woorrying all weekend how to pay it know.....:confused:

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Yikes.

Their website may have a section that explains fees? But it will also depend on what doctor you see and what additional tests you need IF you need any.

Best bet is to wait till monday and find out what test exactly you are going for and then ring the hospital.

Public hospitals do a payment scheme where you can pay your bill weekly etc but, tbh, I doubt the private hospitals would be that flexible. I stand to be corrected on that though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

If its a work related medical the employer should pay

Advertisement