Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stolen scooter

Options
  • 10-04-2008 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭

my vespa 50 el2 got stolen overnight
    blue, with rusty chromed rack, only one mirror and full of scratches all over
    reg 00d103181

I still don't understand why someone will be interested on that piece of junk
    my insurance was only 3rd party so it's gone, anyway, it wasn't expensive to start with...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Where was it stolen from, do you have any pictures of it ?

Oh and the question a lot of people are going to ask is , why do you want it back if its junk ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭quilmore

Inchicore (small road at the back of the Oblates church)
    I only had it to go to work and back, it saves me time
    I didn't have it to have fun, just as a way of avoid having to take the bus (and walk) to work in city centre

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

KTRIC wrote: »
    Where was it stolen from, do you have any pictures of it ?

Oh and the question a lot of people are going to ask is , why do you want it back if its junk ?

To be fair, I've a 01D Vespa PX200 which I haven't even started in two year's. It looks like junk, but I'd be pissed off if some scumbag thought he was more deserving of it than I was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

Mairt wrote: »
    To be fair, I've a 01D Vespa PX200 which I haven't even started in two year's. It looks like junk, but I'd be pissed off if some scumbag thought he was more deserving of it than I was.

come to think of it i did see a weeving blue vespa on the emmet road... didnt look to confidant... might of been him but was too dark to actually see if it was him :(

but yeah , its a pain in the balls when you get idiots like that :mad:

S.I.R wrote: »
    come to think of it i did see a weeving blue vespa on the emmet road... didnt look to confidant... might of been him but was too dark to actually see if it was him :(

thanks
    at what time was that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

Get yourself down to the nearest green area, you will most likely find a handfull of teenagers scrambling the life out of your moped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Who would want to rob a scooter :confused:

Ballyfermot garda found it
    some teenagers were riding it, no numberplate, no helmet and the front of the bike ripped off to access the key barrel
    they failed to stop and garda had to chase them
    eventually the driver got cought and will be charged with the offence
    the bike is in bits and not worth picking it up (that's what the garda said)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

quilmore wrote: »
    thanks
    at what time was that?

between 10-30 and 11 pm the night before i posted that ,

good to see you recovered it , if it runs ill take it and try repair it... though id end up just breaking the thing thanks to fustration :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

i had my habana 50 nicked at the end of january,little scumbags in greenfort(quarryvale) took it just to joyride the life out of it. they take mopeds cause they're easy to ride,no messing with gears etc. i had the pleasure,and you can flame me all you want for it but i was walking by the aforementioned estate a couple of weeks ago and seen a kid fly by on a most likely stolen aprilia sr 50 and as he took the corner he lost it big time,flew across the other side of the road and creased himself off the kerb. stupid prick had no helmet/jacket/gloves on,he was in bits. i just stood there laughing at him,it'd be nice to think it'd make them think twice about doing it again but he probably went out and robbed another bike:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

quilmore wrote: »
    Ballyfermot garda found it
    some teenagers were riding it, no numberplate, no helmet and the front of the bike ripped off to access the key barrel
    they failed to stop and garda had to chase them
    eventually the driver got cought and will be charged with the offence
    the bike is in bits and not worth picking it up (that's what the garda said)

If you can wait...don't claim off the insurance. After the scumbags have been convicted, take a civil case against them for damages & emotional distress.

If you can wait...don't claim off the insurance. After the scumbags have been convicted, take a civil case against them for damages & emotional distress.

insurance was 3rd party only, so nothing to claim
    I was thinking on getting it out of garda's yard and bring it to the breakers
    engine and other bits should be fine (13k miles) for them and I may get something to spend on something ot cheer me up

Advertisement