Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

whats your dream bike?

• 08-04-2008 2:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭

Mine at this point in time would be a ducati 1098s with termignoni full system.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Honda Fireblade, seen a few on the road, lucky mother f**kers, i'm very jelous :(
    honda-fireblade2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Dorsanty

Can I have 2?

Dream bike with money no object,

Big image so I won't hog your page with it. Ducati Desmosedici RR
    http://basileus.altervista.org/File/Moto%20SS/ducati/desmo%20rr.jpg

Actually possible dream bike,

gsx-r600k7.m.black2.jpg

Just one more year till my license restriction is gone. Well 1 year and 1 month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

This little run about

27378768.Tomahawk_Dark_Rider_RHF_700p.jpg

The beautiful Dodge Tomohawk :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I'm waiting for the 848r to come out, which will kick the RC8's ass!

Yamaha MT-01.
    yamaha-mt-01-midnight-black-india.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Honda 50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭agent_smith

Honda Fireblade, seen a few on the road, lucky mother f**kers, i'm very jelous
    That particular model year 04 - 07 was the nicest looking blade IMHO as well. Real beauty and it handles fantastic. Nice electronic steering damper fitted too!
    I'm waiting for the 848r to come out, which will kick the RC8's ass!
    Why wait... the 1098 and 1098s already do this! The RC8 turns in slightly quicker than the 1098, but the 1098s with the better ohlins and lighter marchesini's easily destroys it! The RC8 has a very VERY snatchy throttle according to the majority of reviews. Dont get me wrong its a sweet sweet motor and i would love one, but everybody appears to agree that it is a pity that KTM did not get their fueling right. Anyway a ducati or r1 look nicer !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

okay ...so it's undriveable and its fugly ...but I still want one:

db_BHC3502_21.jpg

Boss Hoss ..V8 ...mmhhhm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

skrooz.jpg

old school suzuki

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭Wossack

k1200r, and a hannspree cbr600rr would do me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ambasite

1995 Honda CB250 - blue one with white wheel rims.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Duzzie

My dream bike for several years was the Hornet 600. That was till I saw the Kawasaki z750. Then that became my dream bike, so I treated myself. It really is a great ride, I use it every day. I am currently toying with the idea of upgrading to the z1000, so I guess that makes it my current dream bike.

IMG_0743.jpg
    My Z750

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Why wait... the 1098 and 1098s already do this!!

nah, the only 1098 that interests me is the 1098R, but I'd get the 848R before spending 30k on a 1098R.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

22753_0_1_2_mt-03_Image%20credits%20-%20Yamaha.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

/me points to his Ducati Monster S4r

That will do me for the time being ;)

Also looking at a Aprilia ETV 1000 Caponord MMmmmmmm... sexy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

For the nerd in me:

superbike_1.jpg

I'd kill for that Tomohawk too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

FruitLover wrote: »
    For the nerd in me:

superbike_1.jpg

You should speak to Madrab, he love's that sort of sh!te :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

FruitLover wrote: »
    For the nerd in me:

superbike_1.jpg

Ah the Akira bike! Always wanted that... but I'd not buy one unless it had what it had in the movie! ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,649 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Im quite boring so for me it would be a BMW 1200RT fully kitted out with extras, heated seat and grips, mp3 player and GPS.

portaloo at the back optional! :D

My father had one of those RT's a while back.... He loved it but found it very heavy when navigating city center traffic on teh daily commute...
    I love the funky suspension stuff BMW puts out there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,649 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

thats true, its not a great bike for city centre navigation, the deauville is the best in class for tourers for that.

Got to love the engine sound on the BMW's tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

BMW R75 with sidecar :D
    r75.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Yamaha FJR-1300. Has been my dream bike for many years, and is hopefully attainable in the not too distant future, which is something to look forward to!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

My dream bike is the black K7 GSX-R1000 Dorsanty posted a picture of. I really REALLY want one!

Although lately I've been liking the new Honda CBR1000RR more and more. And some people think it is even better than the Gixxer!

I like the gsxr but i find the build quality is not as good as the yamaha r1 or honda fireblade.. then again they cost a little more so maybe you get what you pay for. Tell tale signs are the welding around the swing arm which is ugly on the gsxr but beautifully done on the honda and yamaha.
    The r1 won the 2007 international masterbike inline 4 shootout. The 2008 blade is expected to do the same this year. I would love to drive the new blade, but i know i would feel cheated opening my garage every morning to something so ugly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Honda-CBR-1000RR-Fireblade-Repsol-Rep-2007-3.jpg

id buy one today if i had the cash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

id love something slow like a cbr 600 to nip around on and a R1 for my weekly midlife crisis ( mondays !!!! )

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭bornok

Yamaha YZFR1 for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

this for the silly smile
    concept1full.jpg

this for everything else
    2004_ST1300_RHF_Silver_700p.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

subway wrote: »
    Honda-CBR-1000RR-Fireblade-Repsol-Rep-2007-3.jpg

id buy one today if i had the cash
    How's the wrist these days Subway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

How's the wrist these days Subway?
    the wrist is ****e, id be buying that to look at :(
    still cant put any weight on it and havent been on a bike in nearly a year now, and probably never be able to again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

M620.jpg

OR

Aprilia%20SL%20750%20Shiver.jpg

I think I like that 'industrial' look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jake59

the original r1 .... hell yeah!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭batman_oh

have a 07 red and white r1 with akra's, had a k6 gixxer thou before it, and the suzuki is a better road bike with a much better engine for general use
    the r1 had to be bought because i reckon its about the best looking bike out there, and on track/smooth road its awesome. the quality is better than the suzuki too
    in terms of dream bike, most of them arent really a dream so somethin i cant have due to crazy overpricing so maybe the desmocedici or 1098r
    although im sure the desmo will be trash on the road

hey .. i agree with you about the looks and handling of the 07 r1. it won the international masterbike last year in the inline 4 category.
    As for the gsxr being a better bike round town/real world Im not so sure.
    For me the riding position of the r1 is much nicer (im 6'2).
    Like you i had a gsxr on loan for a short bit. It had more grunt than the r1 low down. With my r1 i just removed the pipes and peplaced y pipes including cat convertor. Without a powercommander allone this totally changed the low down usability of the 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭batman_oh

i have the same mods to the r1, akra cans, y-piece, bmc filter and power commander and it does make a big difference, 171 at the wheel too on DLM racing dyno :eek:
    (about 14 more than my stock k6 put down) but the suzuki was like a big scooter, could beat a busa from any speed in any gear
    for me the suzuki was more comfortable, and the suspension more road focused and it turned in initially a good bit quicker. i'm a short skinny person and the r1 is a little harsh on bumpy roads in comparison. on smooth stuff though its definitely more composed and the brakes are way better and it has a more interesting power curve too :pac:

Its why they make bikes in different colours and shapes :)
    Probably the most road friendly of the lot that i sampled was the 06-07 fireblade. The new one I hear amazing things about apart from the fact that it looks fugly.
    Another dream bike is the triumph speed triple or yamaha mt-01 nakeds !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

716058705a716101080b618021657l.jpg

im after one of these again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

When I see something like these I drool..

Norton-Commando-Cafe-Racer.jpg

Norton-Cafe-Racer.jpg

Matchless-G.50_portrait.jpg

Seriously.

Advertisement