Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Armpit Sweat

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

This thread is months old! - just to let you know anyways, i'm pretty much cleared up by using DriClor - i hardly use it at all now and still nothing. Great!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Yeah i use it myself. Tis awesome stuff!!!:) Apart from itchyness:(

Yeah i use it myself. Tis awesome stuff!!!:) Apart from itchyness:(
    It is alright but this only occurs for the first few weeks. After about 2 months of use, i only had to put it on every month, now i havn't put it on in 2 months and still perfect :) - really is worth it - and it isn't exactly expensive either.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Gil_Dub wrote: »
    I used to crack up with the whole showering thing too....Dry off, anti-perspirant, dress...Sweaty clean clothes....Arrrrgh. Now, I finish EVERY shower with a couple of minutes on cold, in particular targetting the torso, and the problem's no more. So, maybe you're just building up to much of a sweaty heat while you're in the shower, and when you dry off you body just lets loose with the sweat trying to cool you down again?

While I don;t sweat loads I'm very warm in general all year around which gets very annoying during the warmer summer months, so best thing to do is last few min on stone cold water and then if I;m up early in the morning I ensure I open the windows to make the room I;m in nice and cool...works nicely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

I have to say I've never sweated too badly under the pits (but occasionally its happened) - but since I've started using Roll-on deo I don't sweat at all. And I can go the whole day without even a hint of BO. I'd never go back to sprays. Most of them offer ZERO protection from sweat.
    And after showering, when you've dried off with a towel, if you've time, just air dry for about ten mins before putting a shirt on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 White Widow

this is what's medically known as auxiliary hyperhidrosis. it is treatable, google it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Did you try wearing an under shirt like the yanks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Hey, sorry to bump this but do any of ye know where to get.....

Driclor
    Mitchum
    Anhydrol Forte

Any of those? Like do they have to be prescribed, or would I be able to get them in Boots?

No you don't need prescription.

You can get them in any pharmacy. Most have Driclor, though I couldn't find it in boots last time. Got something similar instead and that worked too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

DaveMcG wrote: »
    Hey, sorry to bump this but do any of ye know where to get.....

Driclor
    Mitchum
    Anhydrol Forte

Any of those? Like do they have to be prescribed, or would I be able to get them in Boots?
    any chemists will stock one or all of the above. No prescription needed

• Advertisement
Advertisement