Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External Storage

Options
  • 18-12-2014 9:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,

I'm looking for some robust external storage.

Wife had a baby 7 months ago, and she's constantly photographing him with her phone and can't bring herself to delete the photos from the phone, even though they are backed up to Google, Dropbox and probably Facebook too. It's gotten to the stage where her measly 16gb (Moto G, so no expandable slots) phone storage is full, and apps are having issues running etc, so I've told her to delete the photos, back them up.

I'm looking for a large form factor flash memory thing, not a memory stick or USB key, they can get lost easily.

I'm also looking for good bang-per-buck capacity wise. This will be connected to a laptop about once a month, photos transferred, then put into storage.

I'm thinking something like an external SSD of a decent size would fit the bill, good write speeds would be a must (USB 3 I suppose is the best I can expect.)

Comments

Advertisement