Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving car abroad

Options
  • 04-11-2014 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

Hi all. I am studying in the UK and have my car here with me. The EU dictates that students do not have to change their reg plates to local plates but this causes an issue in that I haven't yet found an insurer who will cover me under such circumstances. Has anyone had a similar experience or found a way around this problem?

Cheers,

DH

Here is the link:

"Students: If you are staying in another country only in order to study, you can drive your car without having to register it or pay taxes there - for as long as you are enrolled in an educational establishment in that country".

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/vehicles/registration/taxes/index_en.htm#!lightbox-uid-0

Advertisement