Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pick Your Poison # 18 - Best Brother Tag Team

Options
  • 03-10-2014 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭

Pick Your Poison is back with an all new chalice for you to dip in to. In this edition, I'm asking you to pick the best ever brother combination in pro wrestling. This poll won't include 'brothers' such as Undertaker and Kane or Edge and Christian but rather superstars who are related by blood and not storyline. There are a few contenders so let's see who comes out on top. If you want to say why you chose your given team, that would be most welcome.
    The Funks

Terry and Dory

thefunks_main1_bio.png

The Fabulous Rougeau

Jacques and Raymond

Rogeaubrothsjhart.jpg

The Wild Samoans

Afa and Sika

headshrinkers1.jpg

The Brisco Brothers

Jack and Jerry

jack11.jpg

Harlem Heat

Booker T and Stevie Ray

harlemHeat2.jpg

The Steiners

Rick and Scott

7531.jpg

The Hardy Boyz

Matt and Jeff

f01d93d29e36020fff94114349ccf80a.jpg?itok=h9tecdfx

The Briscoes

Mark and Jay

tumblr_m5az8dj0qM1r3fvlyo1_500.png

The Colons

Carlito and Primo

tag-team-champions-carlito-and-primo.jpg

The Usos

Jimmy and Jey

30_Osos_09162013ca_1213b_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

Cody Rhodes and Goldust

AKA Gold&Stardust

642x361xraw_1077_photo_187-2078922.jpg.pagespeed.ic.K703Qn8neC.webp

The Young Bucks

Nick and Matt Jackson

The-Young-Bucks-como-nuevos-monarcas-de-parejas-jr-IWGP.jpg

Best Brother Tag Team 37 votes

The Funks
    0% 0 votes
    The Fabulous Rougeaus
    5% 2 votes
    The Wild Samoans
    2% 1 vote
    The Brisco Brothers (Jack and Gerry)
    0% 0 votes
    Harlem Heat
    2% 1 vote
    The Steiners
    8% 3 votes
    The Hardy Boyz
    18% 7 votes
    The Briscoes (Mark and Jay)
    45% 17 votes
    The Colons
    5% 2 votes
    The Usos
    0% 0 votes
    Cody Rhodes and Goldust
    2% 1 vote
    The Young Bucks
    8% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,934 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Was about to go on a very big rant about no Dudleys til I properly read the thread.

Goldust is my all-time favourite wrestler to never hit main event status and I quite like Cody too so its them for me

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Wouldn't be like you to rant CSF! I went with the Steiner boys myself. Think they had a great collegiate look and were legit as hell too. Plus Scotty could move for a big man back then, his Frankensteiner was one of my favourite ever things as a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

The Von Erichs had a few brother tag incarnations too...

And don't forget Gemini :D

shane-twins-woofy-13.jpg

I'd actually go with the Rougeaus from your list, underated team that suffered from a great division at the time with the likes of the Harts, Bulldogs, Rockers, LOD etc....great as heels, especially Jacques who was annoyingly goofy to Kurt Angle proportions and proved it even more later as the Mountie and they certainly deserved a run with the tag belts a lot more than Jimmy's next tag team, the Nasty boys

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I almost went with The Steiners, but I had to go with them boys The Briscoe Brothers. In the past decade no other tag team has matched them for match quality. Always exciting and always able to deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,320 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Hardy's for me. I adored them as a tag team, not so much their solo runs.

Just a side note: How good does the old Tag belts look on the Uso's compared to the Penny Belts.

Garseys wrote: »

Just a side note: How good does the old Tag belts look on the Uso's compared to the Penny Belts.

100% agree. On the subject, thought the Shield looked bad ass with the classic belts.

11_Shield_09162013ca_0700.jpg

Also Cesaro as European Champion looks sweet and something they could do if you had him or Rusev win the US Title and rechristen it.

zizo.jpg

Oh and this....

3r8r.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

Jay and Mark Briscoe. A close call between them and the Hardyz for me but I think overall I would prefer the Briscoes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Think peoples age might play into this one, feel The Hardy Boyz will win but something in the back of my mind thinks it should be The Briscoes, Funks or Steiners

that said Matt & Jeff were great and for many the 3 brother teams of them the Dudleys and E&C defined an era with regards tag teams and they were the one legit brother team of the 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,934 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I didn't like the Hardys. There, I said it.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭DarByrne1980

I like the hardys brothers. Well not equally. I was a big Jeff Hardy fan and maybe it was his crazyiness that showed how straightlaced that Matt Hardy was.

I hate the Usos. There's Ive said it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The Steiner Brothers were so good, it's a shame nobody watched late 80's early 90's WCW.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Yes, the Steiner's were fantastic. Great chemistry and look. Plus, those guys looked legit like they might kill someone with those throws!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

They also made the Road Warriors look like **** every time they wrestled, to the point the Road Warriors didn't want to work with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

The Hardy Boyz for me, they were favourite tag team to watch when i was a kid.

Advertisement