Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Benched [USA Network]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭aine1980

Looks good, will keep an eye on this one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Looks very funny

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well I've just watched the 12 first episodes and I'm cursing you all for not posting about how great the show was so I could have picked it up earlier! It's a great series; the episodes are short (20ish min) and the characters are enjoyable. Not outright laughing all the time but definitely worth watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Saw a lot of hype around this recently and I've watched the first eight episodes and I'm disappointed. It's not bad or anything, it's perfectly easy to watch but for the most part it's largely forgettable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Im 4 episodes in and I love it. Very funny show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,342 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Starts at 10.50pm tomorrow on RTE 2

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭aine1980

Just caught up on the last few episodes, this is a great lil show

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Just watched all 12 episodes of this. I really like it. It's not perfect but it's better than a lot of the "big" sitcoms that run for years and years in the States. I find a good test of a comedy is if you actually "laugh out loud" at it, not just chuckle or smile to yourself. I did quite a few times when watching this. Especially when Boring Larry pepper sprayed the judge in the lift.

Shame it's been cancelled :(

Side note, I was a big fan of Happy Endings, which Eliza Coupe was previously on, and she's the first cast member of that show I've been able to watch on something else and not just see the character from Happy Endings in a different setting. So yeah, it's a shame it didn't get longer to find an audience.

Advertisement