Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Needed! Stuck on Finding the Right Name for a Character.

Options
  • 15-11-2013 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Hi All

First time posting here as I'm new to writing. I'm preparing my first ever script for a short twenty minute play which is a two hander that starts out as a comedy and ends up a nail biting thriller.

One of the characters is a flash, cocky 40yr old who thinks he's still aged 21 - you know the type! He is a successful nightclub owner and I want to have some fun with his name.

I was inspired by a recent high profile court case in the US involving a celebrity chef called Guy Fieri. It came out during the case that this chef's real name is Guy Ferry and he obviously changed it so he could sound more exotic.

So my question is: what(in his eyes) exotic sounding name does my character have which started off as a much more humdrum Irish name?

At the moment I'm using Giles Killée, who used to be Giles Kelly. I'm looking for something funnier!

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Regards

Austin

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Francisco Argent Francis Cash
    Christophe de Lugo Christy Flood

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

Juan Cùr aka john kerr

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Marco Suvilani (Mark O'Sullivan)

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ciaranmac

Jumpin' Jack Flash aka John Flannery