Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scandal (ABC) [*SPOILERS* - US Pace]

Options
  • 19-04-2012 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭

111021012116-scandal-still-story-top.jpg
    Thursday nights have just gotten juicier with the arrival of “Scandal.” Kerry Washington plays Olivia Pope, a power player who does damage control for the high and mighty in Washington D.C. Armed with razor sharp intellect and an equally savvy staff, Olivia Pope and Associates regulates the pulse of the political elite. Creator Shonda Rhimes (“Grey’s Anatomy”) is giving the American viewing public a welcome alternative to the stereotypical images of black women seen on countless reality shows. Kerry Washington’s Olivia Pope is strong, fierce, and always the smartest person in the room smart (even when she’s with the President).

Checked out the pilot earlier, and it's very Shonda-esque. If you're a fan of Greys & PP you'll def eat this up. Putting money on it now that RTE will pick this up for one of their 9pm slots.

Personally I found the pilot rather cliched, and the lead character was pretty hard to click with up until the very end which completely flipped my opinion of her(and the show). I like Washington so will be sticking with this for a few eps. Looks like it'll be fun.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭thegoodgirl

Just watched the first threee episodes last night and loved them.
    It did take me a little while to get into the pilot but as you said the end of it hooked me in.

I do love all Shoda's shows well not so much PP anymore that has dipped alot over the last two years but seems like this one is starting very well.

The cast are great after only 3 episodes we have learned a lot about them and seems like they all have good back stories that will develope over this season and more.

Can't wait for the big Scandal to break!!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,616 ✭✭✭squonk

didn't watch PP or Grey's. Grey's always struck me a s real 'girly' show. Is this the same? If it was a political thriller I'd give it a go.

I can see elements of greys in it but it also mixes in The good wife and the west wing too. Josh Malina (Will Bailey) is even in it.

Try the first episode but watch it the whole way through see if its for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,375 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Cyrus is the best character on the show for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Latest episode was great. A lot of background on our characters, and the pieces are really falling into place for a complete season arc.
    So many questions though. No record of Quinn ever existing before 2008? Colour me intrigued.
    Gotta agree with Liz re:Cyrus. He had the best scene of the night.

• Advertisement

"I will peel you like a grape."
    It's official. I'm hooked. This show is getting down and dirty, and I love it.

With Season 1, Episode 6: "The Trail," Scandal just went from Shonda's newest fun and twisty project to one of the most shocking dramas on TV.
    http://www.wetpaint.com/network/articles/scandal-episode-6-recap-the-beginning-of-the-affair

Anyone still watching? **** just went down.
    First Lady is a total psycho & I love it. Lady's got major balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I am loving Scandal - just finished watching Ep 7 - fantastic episode:D The First lady really will do anything. And who is Quinn really? What has she done??

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Siog-Alainn

I really wasn't sure of this at first but it's really grown on me. Annoying cliffhanger though, I really want to know!

Bit dissapointed to discover that season 1 is only 7 episodes long:mad: Now have to wait for 'season 2' which is apparently going to be 13 episodes or less. Talking about stretching it out.

• Advertisement

From what I remember season one of Grey's was only 7 or 8 eps too.

Henry Ian Cusick out and Joshua Malina made series regular

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭noveltea

Just finished watching the series. I thought it was good. I really want to know who Quinn is.

Bellamy Young aka Mellie has been made a series regular

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Suprise hit and surprisingly good Scandal kicks off for season 2 in a few....

Yep, looking forward to this :)

Yeah cant wait to get home later to watch this. After the first 7 episodes it had me hooked.
    Great acting and great storylines so far. Lets hope they keep it up.

If the first episode of the new season is anything to go by we are in for another fantastic season (let's hope it's longer than the last one!) What a twist - can't wait till it all comes together.

• Advertisement

Yeah it was a great start to the season. Love most of the characters apart from whiney Abbey and the annoying Millie. But I think we're not meant to like either of them.

Should be good finding out who was on the other end of the phone?
    Any ideas?

Shonda Rhimes's (Grey's Anatomy) political thriller Scandal has found a home on UK TV on More4.
    It premieres in the UK on Thursday, October 25.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Shonda Rhimes's (Grey's Anatomy) political thriller Scandal has found a home on UK TV on More4.
    It premieres in the UK on Thursday, October 25.

That's great news. As season 1 was only 7 ep i wonder if they will show 1 & 2 back to back? If i could resist, it would help with managing my internet usage which is a bit stretched at the moment with all my fav shows back on!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Full season 2 pickup for the series - back 9 order, ABC must not have anything to replace it with as ratings are average at best.

Full season 2 pickup for the series - back 9 order, ABC must not have anything to replace it with as ratings are average at best.

Glad to hear this as this is one of my favourite shows :)

Who shot Fitz????

Its has to be cranky senetor. And Millie sure did know about it. I hope there's asecond bullet and it takes her out. Save us watching her moaning and whining every week.

Not a patch on the west wing episode where president Bartlett got shot but it should be good to see where they go from here next week.

OH. MY. GOD.
    I can't believe that happened.

John Barrowman will guest-star in an upcoming episode executive producer Shonda Rhimes tweeted

:cool:

Olivia's father is one messed up creepy dude :eek: Quinn scared me

I hope Jake is back for Season 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭muirsheen

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Olivia's father is one messed up creepy dude :eek: Quinn scared me

I hope Jake is back for Season 3

I hope Olivia's father is back as a regular.

Do you know when season 3 starts?

Advertisement