Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

120m2 raised bed pressurised percolation area

Options
  • 16-10-2014 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

I am planning to make one of these (see link below) for my waste water treatment system. The pipe kit costs around €900. The engineering gave me the go ahead to use 32mm & 50mm waste-pipes, this will cost a lot less. Have any of you built one before? The drawing is a little confusing. Are the flusing valves used to clean out the pipe network from time to time? Should I add one at the entry to pump in water for cleaning and maybe two at the other end? The drawing on the left shows the pipe network in 300mm of stone but it also points to 15 - 30mm of clean stone, I am a little confused here.
    Any tips or advise would be much appreciated. Thanks.

https://itowa.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/120m-pressure-13x9-mf-5mm-12.pdf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭PaleRider

You have a very good drawing supplied - along with the Characterisation Report (I assume you have this report) Be guided by this report - refer by to author if necessary. Don't cut any corners..........

Do not use Waste Pipe.

Use proper pipes. Check drilling spaces-details in report/drawing.

If you were considering using waste pipes - then you don't know what you doing. Get professional advice.

Ask the person who wrote this report or other competent person to supervise installation. If your building the a soil mound this requires careful construction.

This is not a DIY job.

Advertisement