Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dominion [SyFy]

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

finally season finale, happy hoping for season 2 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

http://media.tumblr.com/7c0afc437f02af59af5720256835bf33/tumblr_inline_n9z911C5zF1sbkoni.jpg

There's a link to the picture. And it said something like "As Michael sits on the side of a cliff, distraught, a familiar face comes along. Enter Lucifer we knew we'd see him sooner or later" or words to that effect.

I wonder why they took it down. I had a theory that everything that happened after the bluff was the real bluff, until I saw that pic. Now I wonder why they've taken it down. Perhaps to keep their options open for the second season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Pretty damn good finale. The show really won me over the last few episodes. It got much harder, grittier and really just drew me in. Very much hoping for a season 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,259 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Syfy has renewed for a 2nd season

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Syfy has renewed for a 2nd season
    The show (and story) deserved that and it makes me happy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,523 ✭✭✭squonk

I don't think it did. I felt it was poor overall. Was pretty uninteresting really. That being said, I'm looking forward to what they might do now with the knowledge they've a second season. Hopefully the show will pick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Series started tonight on Syfy which I thought was good, Would like to see more detail about the story beforehand if possible in flashback.
    Will watch next week. Had to look up 8-balls to see what they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I gave this a chance but I can't say that I was impressed.

Acting was weak, characters were dull, the angels were extra debauched version of humans (nothing special or otherworldly) and everyone was just scoffing booze every other minute (like in the second last episode Michael banging on about how Alex needed to be focused for the confrontation with Gabriel and the guy was chugging whiskey right in front of him) :P

Tom Wisdom was decent enough - looked and acted somewhat reasonably as a kind of alien being, but the other two were awful - in particular the guy playing Gabriel, he was just yawn inducing and cliched.

The announcer on SyFy said it was getting a second season but I don't understand why. I'm out - no second chances.

Anyway, glad to get that of my chest. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,523 ✭✭✭squonk

I'm with you Spoon. I found it quite boring and forgettable. It just didn't have a spark!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

squonk wrote: »
    I'm with you Spoon. I found it quite boring and forgettable. It just didn't have a spark!

I don't know about forgettable - Gabriel's over acting has kind of seared itself into my brain.

It is a shame - the basic idea was decent and Legion was a great starting point but the series had nothing to do with that film.

• Advertisement

Season 2 to premiere on SyfyUK on 15th July @ 9pm (9th July in USA)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Started last night in the States. Glad they had a recap, because I could barely remember what happened in Season 1....

Decent opener.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,901 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Mr E wrote: »
    Started last night in the States. Glad they had a recap, because I could barely remember what happened in Season 1....

Decent opener.

Totally agree on the recap. The ending was good too.
    Promo for the season

Good enough first episode from season 2.

Story line moving away from Vega for part of the episodes will be good as there's only so much story you can get from Vega.

Anthony Head seems to have toned down his American accent from what I heard which is good as it was came across false a few times last season.

Pretty good season, enjoying it a lot. Worried that it'll be cancelled, though.

What a pointless bloody episode.

• Advertisement

I think this will get cancelled. But, if it doesn't, well at least they got rid of
    Claire!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I've given up on it; I had episode 7 to 9 and yet three weeks later I had not started because I simply did not care anymore :(

Episode 11 was surprisingly dark, the first few minutes really grabbed my attention and were incredibly reminiscent of the church scene in Kingsman: The Secret Service. Just finished up E13 there - it's a good show, but falls short in a lot of ways. The actor who plays Gabriel, and Anthony Head, are head and shoulders above the rest though.

I'd be gutted though if it was cancelled all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

They have put down some real markers for a Season 3 if they get it.

She who will not be named is gone and I strongly hope is not coming back , which really frees them up to go several directions next season.

I think as well the ground work for the Big Bad next year was done really well.
    They play that right and have him an opposing view/strategy instead of pure evil they could have a really strong year.

Advertisement