Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shows for 2014/15

Options
  • 21-09-2014 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭

So what new shows are you looking forward to watching this season.

For me I am really looking forward to see what they do with Gotham.

A couple of other shows I am looking forward to are..

How to Get Away with Murder.
    Gracepoint.
    Stalker.
    Constantine.

I already have quiet a big to watch list of returning shows I think I might have to drop a few.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Trebmal

Gotham looks like it's going to be excellent.

The Flash should be interesting and Gracepoint (the US version of Broadchurch) will hopefully be good, although if the plot is the exact same, there's probably not much point in watching.

Jane the Virgin sounds like the new Ugly Betty but apparently there's huge hype about it in America.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,856 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And so the new season starts again. I said I was cutting down this year then they announce:
    Gotham
    The Flash
    Constantine
    Star Wars Rebels

Later/midseason
    iZombie
    The Librarians

Will check out for 1 or 2 episodes
    Stalker
    Scorpion

• Registered Users Posts: 85,356 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Besides already mentioned Gotham, The Flash, Constantine, Stalker and How to Get Away with Murder

I am looking forward to

The Affair - The cast has me sold :p

And comedies

Benched
    Bad Judge
    Selfie

I hope Gracepoint isn't an exact play by play remake of Broadchurch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 SligoQueries

For me, this is a terrible season for new shows. All of the pilots I've checked out were terrible, Gotham, Forever, Black-ish, Selfie, Red Band Society, A to Z, Constantine, The Mysteries of Laura, etc. All awful.

Network TV for 40-minute dramas are dead. I don't watch any. Why bother when you have Sons of Anarchy, Boardwalk Empire, The Walking Dead, Fargo, True Detective, Game of Thrones, etc. on cable. I'll wait and see with Gracepoint, though.

I watch Network TV for comedy, The Goldbergs, The Middle, Modern Family, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, New Girl, The Mindy Project, Parks and Recreation, and the animated shows on FOX, are all decent enough, but even the new comedy pilots for 2014/2015 seem quite bad. Black-ish, Cristela, Selfie, The McCarthys, Mulaney, and A to Z all seem so unfunny with crap titles. I will check out Bad Judge and Marry Me, but I don't have much hope.

Admittedly, the stuff lined up for midseason does seem slightly better, The Whispers, Backstrom, The Last Man on Earth, Wayward Pines, Aquarius, and even Heroes: Reborn are much more interesting than the new Fall shows.

My rule is: check out most of the stuff from ABC, NBC, or FOX, and be weary of everything from CBS and CW.

Advertisement