Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Letter writing.

Options
  • 22-12-2013 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭

I wasnt sure where to post this... I figured this was the best choice out of a bad bunch, so mods, please feel free to move if there is somewhere more appropriate.

How do you send a thank-you letter to a company not just a person. So many people within the company helped me out, I wouldnt like to address it to any one person....

But then again writing "Dear Sir/Madam" seems very formal. I tried leaving the letter without a "Dear XYZ" but it just doesnt look right at all.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Well, if you are writing an e-mail, "Hi" is pretty much the default start.

Otherwise, I'd pick a person, write the letter to that person and ask them to thank all the others you list.

Or send a thank you note or e-mail to every person who helped you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭BillyBoy13

EileenG wrote: »
    Well, if you are writing an e-mail, "Hi" is pretty much the default start.

Otherwise, I'd pick a person, write the letter to that person and ask them to thank all the others you list.

Or send a thank you note or e-mail to every person who helped you.

Its a an actual physcial letter that Im going to drop in by hand (I'll give it to whichever girl is on the counter that day- it wont be going to any particular person)

Incase it helps any the letter will be go something a bit like:
    Dear ????

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone in the office that helped me out with the XYZ. It was a great help and I really appreciate it.

Blah blah

Wishing everyone all the best and a merry xmas

Billy

I considered putting it on a xmas card as that would get around the "Dear sir" thing but Id never fit it all in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Could you not just say, To All at x company...

And then continue on from there?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 HmmmGirl87

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Could you not just say, To All at x company...

And then continue on from there?

I think this would be the most viable option!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Arthur Rimbaud

I find "Greetings all" sounds a little more pleasant than "to all…", which sounds slightly confrontational.

But at least you didn't go with the daunting "To whom it may concern", which should be reserved for the taxman and jury summonses.

• Advertisement
Advertisement