Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a plant for a present

Options
  • 26-06-2011 5:32pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,858 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hey, I have to get a friend a birthday present and thought I'd get her a cheap enough plant since she has become big into gardening. I haven't a clue what to buy though. Some recommendations would be nice. It would have to grow well in a pot since it's all she can grow things in outside and some nice flowers when it blooms would be nice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Hey, I have to get a friend a birthday present and thought I'd get her a cheap enough plant since she has become big into gardening. I haven't a clue what to buy though. Some recommendations would be nice. It would have to grow well in a pot since it's all she can grow things in outside and some nice flowers when it blooms would be nice.

Begonia

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

New Guinea busy lizzy is gorgeous too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

LOts of choices but for something a little different and one which looks good all year round and hot in winter: Leucothe Red Lips :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,534 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »

So this is what you get up to when you wander off on your own...

Actually, I may have the very plant you might want, it's a bizzy lizzy variant with flowers that look like parrots!
    Was quite rare when a friend passed it to my wife and since then my better half has been passing the plant around to everyone who is interested, and now there are a good few about.
    It's a great grower and seems really easy to take cuttings from, or so I'm told.
    Here's a pic but it's far more impressive in "the flesh" so to speak.
    7kcjnd-210x158-bg.jpg

Here's a link for more info:
    http://www.strangewonderfulthings.com/102.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

^^any chance you know the name of this variety...looks interesting

• Advertisement
Advertisement