Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

St Margaret's AGM

• 21-11-2014 10:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭

Was at St Margaret's AGM last night where it was confirmed that Synergy Golf are taking over the management and running of the golf course and facilities.

The lads from Synergy were very impressive and have been given a 5 year contract by the owners to restore St Margaret's to it's former glory. The owners are making a €1m+ capital investment and the aim is to add another 200/250 members over this time.

Synergy currently run a number of courses with Seapoint probably the most well known - have also done agronomic consultancy work for both Baltray & Lahinch.

Interesting and exciting times ahead hopefully after a poor few years where the course and facilities have been allowed to deteriorate.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭J6P

Any idea how much membership is going to cost for 2015?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

J6P wrote: »
    Any idea how much membership is going to cost for 2015?

Not been finalised but they did confirm it would not increase from the current level

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Facts only please, no rumours

Sorry Charlie, this is facts - management team confirmed this in person and I was at the AGM - what's the issue?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Sorry Charlie, this is facts - management team confirmed this in person and I was at the AGM - what's the issue?

Hey bigchap, it was hawkelady's post that was the issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

Hi lads , sorry Charlie for my previous post , I re read it and you were right to take it down .
    Can I ask if the course staffs conditions has changed since the new outfit took over ?

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Hey bigchap, it was hawkelady's post that was the issue.

Hi Charlie, apologies for the mixup - I realise now that the post in question was deleted.

hawkelady wrote: »
    Hi lads , sorry Charlie for my previous post , I re read it and you were right to take it down .
    Can I ask if the course staffs conditions has changed since the new outfit took over ?

The club pro has left and greenkeeper and staff have been let go. John Kelly will stay on - they are keeping on the clubhouse staff which is a wise move as they are the heartbeat of the club - think I would have heard if there were but obviously don't know 100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

wasn't the club up for sale until recently and they couldn't find a buyer?

I remember a friend of mine joining 3 years ago (and left after one year) and he was given the same pitch about improvements to the course etc when he joined and nothing happen (same figure actually, 1 million). Hopeful this time they'll get it done as a great track with great facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭whitefoot

Synergy currently run a number of courses with Seapoint probably the most well known - have also done agronomic consultancy work for both Baltray & Lahinch.

Who are Synergy and what do they do at Seapoint? I am a member at Seapoint and I do not recognise the name, is this company connected to Declan Branigan Design who do all course maintenance at Seapoint?

• Advertisement

whitefoot wrote: »
    Who are Synergy and what do they do at Seapoint? I am a member at Seapoint and I do not recognise the name, is this company connected to Declan Branigan Design who do all course maintenance at Seapoint?

Yes they are connected, Ronan Branigan is one of the directors:

http://www.synergygolf.ie/about-synergy-golf/

Ollieboy wrote: »
    wasn't the club up for sale until recently and they couldn't find a buyer?

I remember a friend of mine joining 3 years ago (and left after one year) and he was given the same pitch about improvements to the course etc when he joined and nothing happen (same figure actually, 1 million). Hopeful this time they'll get it done as a great track with great facilities.

Yes the club was up for sale but didn't get any offers near the asking. The trustees who are responsible for overseeing the management decided on a new strategy(and management) of improving the club so as to make it profitable again.

I've been a member 5 years and I don't recall ever being told of any investment over that period.

Time will tell - will be interesting to see what's been done by March/April time.

As you say, it is a great layout with good facilities so hopefully they can turn it around.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭whitefoot

Ronan Branigan is one of the directors:

Ronan is a good guy, very approachable and communicates well. He was very involved with his father Declan Branigan when Seapoint hosted big competitions such as the Irish Close Championship and the Irish PGA championship.

It would be great to see this team bring St Margaret's back to the state we all fondly remember. Good luck and I will will certainly spring for a green fee to see the finished product.

Advertisement