Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trail running shoes

Options
  • 15-11-2014 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hey everyone,
    My favourite running trails are all flooded - forest, mountain, cliff, field...
    I don't want to stop running - I don't really want to run on the roads either...
    Does anyone know if the waterproof trail running shoes are any good?
    I had a look at the salomon x-scream gtx last week...
    Everytime I go out my shoes are soaked and I don't mind the wet but soggy trainers feel heavy and if I have to wait days for them to dry out I can't run as much as I want...
    Are waterproof trail running shoes a worthy investment?
    are waterproof trail running socks any good?
    Thanks for your advice and thoughts :)
    Em

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Waterproof shoes are useless.

Step in a deep puddle and water fills the shoe from the top and has no way to get out = soaked feet and bigger issues on longer runs. Same with waterproof socks, your feet neet to breathe.

Merino wool based socks are a better option. Breathable, non absorbent (won't hold water) and warmer than other materials.

Advertisement