Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new garda stations to be built

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

These were announced a few years ago as part of the Stimulus Package by John Bruton. Obviously not much progress has been made so.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,728 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

But will they reopen any of the rural stations that were closed in the last few years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Charlie19 wrote: »
    But will they reopen any of the rural stations that were closed in the last few years.

Not a chance, I would think the €42 million would be better spent trying to reopen some of them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,728 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Not a chance, I would think the €42 million would be better spent trying to reopen some of them though.

Going by the journal.ie the west coast was hit the hardest with closures, just under 50 and a total of 98 outside of Dublin.http://www.thejournal.ie/names-of-100-garda-stations-to-close-next-year-704943-Dec2012/

I'll believe it when they are built and accepting prisoners.

• Advertisement
Advertisement