Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New garmins

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

copacetic wrote: »
    Well it was posted 6 days also on hotdealsuk and apparently working up until yesterday.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/vouchers/a-hefty-30-off-using-discount-code-garmin-1738893

There was one on 7th December and a second code released on 11th December each for one day use through the GarminChristmas site as advent calendar rewards.

It didn't work on the days in between.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

You aren't making me any happier to have mised out!
    That seems to imply there is a chance of it being available again??

Posting a new post to trigger reads.

GARMIN30 is working again for one day today (Mon).

Just used it myself, 220 is down to €182 with the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SprinterSacre

Anymore feedback/impressions on the 620, thinking of upgrading from my 305

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭gearoidol

Anymore feedback/impressions on the 620, thinking of upgrading from my 305

Cheers.

I have mine now with over a month,have you any questions

• Advertisement

gearoidol wrote: »
    I have mine now with over a month,have you any questions

Hey,

I supose, just wondering how you find it in general (compared to 310xt). Would you recommend getting the new HR strap?. Also, I see you described it as flimsy, any durability issues?

Thanks for the quick reply.

Hey,

I supose, just wondering how you find it in general (compared to 310xt). Would you recommend getting the new HR strap?. Also, I see you described it as flimsy, any durability issues?

Thanks for the quick reply.

The hrm strap is incredible,in over a month I have never had 1 spike.the data is really useful for comparing increasing fitness,this was not possible previously due to spikes messing up avg hr etc.

The flimsy issue is really a case of the watch being so much lighter than my 310. The screen is smaller than the 310 and this does take a couple of runs to get used to

I did have an issue the other day after leaving the watch go dead by accident when I charged it, it came up as 100% full and would not charge but there is a fix for this on garmin website so I was back up and running again

Overall love it

The hrm strap is incredible,in over a month I have never had 1 spike.the data is really useful for comparing increasing fitness,this was not possible previously due to spikes messing up avg hr etc.

The flimsy issue is really a case of the watch being so much lighter than my 310. The screen is smaller than the 310 and this does take a couple of runs to get used to

I did have an issue the other day after leaving the watch go dead by accident when I charged it, it came up as 100% full and would not charge but there is a fix for this on garmin website so I was back up and running again

Overall love it

Great stuff, thanks for the info. The new HR strap is why i'll be getting one. Was looking at it on Garmin website with 30% off the other day but didn't pull the trigger. Kinda raging now. I'll keep an eye out after xmas for a good price.

Thanks again.

Great stuff, thanks for the info. The new HR strap is why i'll be getting one. Was looking at it on Garmin website with 30% off the other day but didn't pull the trigger. Kinda raging now. I'll keep an eye out after xmas for a good price.

Thanks again.

No hastle , I think my garmin username is the same if u want to look at the new metrics on some of the runs

No hastle , I think my garmin username is the same if u want to look at the new metrics on some of the runs

Spot on I'll check that out.

Cheers.

• Advertisement

30% off today again.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭axe2grind

Gave 220 its debut run today :)
    thanks to garmin30

vibrate alert is great cause in wind or beside water I'd miss the tones of my previosu watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭crisco10

Anybody know if these are any cheaper in oz or new Zealand? Going on trip in new year so might pick one up if they were cheaper.

Raging I missed 30% deal earlier in the week...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

I will have a Garmin 620 for sale (Garmin replacement for my old 610). Don't know if it will be with HRM or not but if it is I want to sell it with. Color is black and blue with UK plug. It will be span new in box. Just don't need two 620's :) I got them delivered to work so they might be there Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Rega

rom wrote: »
    I will have a Garmin 620 for sale (Garmin replacement for my old 610). Don't know if it will be with HRM or not but if it is I want to sell it with. Color is black and blue with UK plug. It will be span new in box. Just don't need two 620's :) I got them delivered to work so they might be there Monday.

How much are you looking for it rom?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

320 watch only insured shipped
    360 watch HRM bundle insured shipped

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

Friend of mine surprised me by finding the 620 somewhere in the US while he was there despite it showing out of stock in all the shops. Mind you I think the 30% deal from the UK would have worked out a little cheaper if he hadn't subsidised it as an xmas present :)

The coolest things for me are the wifi transfer to garmin connect & also how quickly the race predictor is zeroing in on my actual best times for 5k/10k/half & full & that's after only a week of use!

Apart from one run where it appears the HRM 'froze' (or else my HR stayed at an unwavering 141bpm from start to finish!) haven't seen any problems although there's lots of people reporting problems on the garmin forums with gps accuracy and wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

So it would appear that just over a year later :rolleyes: Garmin have fixed the litany of gps accuracy problems with the 620 according to Fellrnr.
    The latest firmware for the Garmin 620 has radically improved its GPS Accuracy. I've written up the details at http://fellrnr.blogspot.com/2014/11/gps-accuracy-and-garmin-620-firmware.html;

I'm sure there's a moral in there somewhere about never getting version 1 of anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

opus wrote: »
    So it would appear that just over a year later :rolleyes: Garmin have fixed the litany of gps accuracy problems with the 620 according to Fellrnr.

I'm sure there's a moral in there somewhere about never getting version 1 of anything!

Just sold the 620 and now using the 920 thou the 620 was v good for last few months since one of the GPS 3.x updates

The 920 has been v accurate so far thou it does have GLONASS to help it along.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

I really don't get the obsession with Garmin, who seem to continually produce faulty products on initial release.
    Are people really that tied into brand loyalty and unwilling to switch to an alternative?

I've looked at garmins but never bought one. The 405 with its fiddly bezel was out when I first looked at getting a gps watch, so instead I got a Timex.
    Just recently as the Timex had packed it in, I was looking at the 220 & 620 with all their gps issues, considered the 920, but it's overkill for me really (and I wouldn't have it yet either) so went with a Suunto Ambit 2R.

Can't say I've really been all that tempted by the Garmins, they look awful mostly, IMO. The 220/620 were an improvement, but to be honest, looking past the shiny new features of the 920, it looks a bit like a childs watch, cheap looking plastic from any of the photos I've seen, (though I'll give in to viperlogic's hands on opinion of it until I see one in the flesh myself).
    Compare that to the sturdy look of the Suunto or style of the Polar units, I think they've a long way to go on the design front.

So as a firm non-garmin user, can anyone provide me the opposite viewpoint, what makes you choose garmin over an alternative?

• Advertisement

Loving the 920XT at the moment bar the note you make of design, it looks cheap and it certainly isnt from a cost perspective!! I choose this over Polar V800 due to features. V800 users have been promised loads of features since launch and they yet have to be delivered. Plus I already have Garmin footpod, speed/cadence bike sensors, bike mount and ant stick. So for me to change to different vendor would mean further expense.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

viperlogic wrote: »
    Loving the 920XT at the moment bar the note you make of design, it looks cheap and it certainly isnt from a cost perspective!! I choose this over Polar V800 due to features. V800 users have been promised loads of features since launch and they yet have to be delivered. Plus I already have Garmin footpod, speed/cadence bike sensors, bike mount and ant stick. So for me to change to different vendor would mean further expense.

ANT+ & BTLE aside, what features do you think are missing from the V800?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

viperlogic wrote: »

That's a good point on the use of compatible sensors, and were I to proceed down that route I guess it would colour my choice. However, I think this is more of an issue for triathletes and multi-sport users.

For the bog standard runners amongst us, is there any reason why you pick a garmin of another brand?

AKW wrote: »
    ANT+ & BTLE aside, what features do you think are missing from the V800?

- smart notifications
    - Wifi uploads
    - Running dynamics
    - bike mount quick release
    - apps
    - live tracking
    - swimming features, eg pool length, drills etc
    - virtual racer

Advertisement