Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to do creamy mash topping

Options
  • 04-10-2014 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭

I bought two small-ish ceramic dishes and I want to do individual cottage pies in them tomorrow.
    I'm not good at doing mash, though, and was wondering how does one make creamy mash that you can pipe ontop?
    Plus,is there a way of making a piping bag with a normal plastic bag?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭uberalex

Creamy mash is about making sure the potatoes are very well coked, that you mix/mash Them very carefully, and that you add plenty of butter, milk/cream. You could also try creme fraiche.

If you want to guarantee it, dry them in the pot after draining, mash and then sieve them.

You can make a ghetto piping bag by snipping the corner of a zip lock or other fairly thick plastic bag after filling it. Don't burn your hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,749 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Not relevant to Food & Drink. Moved to Cooking & Recipes.

tHB

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

All the advice you need can be found in this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=87071061

Advertisement