Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applied Language change from Intercultural Studies to Translation Studies

Options
  • 17-10-2012 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello, wanted to know why the course with the choice between intercultural studies and translation has been changed to just translation in DCU. Seems quite silly to me, if it ain't broke don't fix it eh? Also, if any translation students could tell me about their experiences/views on the course (and maybe in comparison to the late Intercultural Studies, R.I.P.). Cheers! :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭LaughingOwl

I am also curious about this, anyone have any answers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

I'm currently in 2nd year of ALIS and I picked the Translation Studies strand. The only reason that I would be aware of for them getting rid of the Intercultural Strand is that the vast majority of the students in ALIS every year choose the Translation Strand. Otherwise, I have no idea and wasn't even aware of the change until I saw this thread!

They seem to be entirely revamping the course though with the change from being able to drop one language after 2 years to having to carry them both to the end and now this.

Advertisement