Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blessington Lake - Crawling with spiders!!

Options
  • 02-08-2010 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,013 ✭✭✭✭

Went for a walk there today out along the shore at Knockieran and the beach was infested with small (no bigger than 1cm), very quick spiders. Hundreds, if not thousands of them, dashing in all directions, for a decent stretch (probably a half mile or so) once the beach goes from sand to rocks (as you head down towards Carrig).

Not being the most arachnophilic member of society I didn't hang around too long to take any pictures, but has anyone else encountered them? I presume they're wolf spiders, but the sheer quantity of them has me curious.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

sounds like something out of nightmares alright...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

Mods could you move this thread to the nature & birdwatching section I think the gang over there would like this one...

Pleez & thanks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

artieanna wrote: »
    Mods could you move this thread to the nature & birdwatching section I think the gang over there would like this one...

Pleez & thanks:)
    Yeah, that would seem to make sense. (Mods) Feel free to move it back to Animals & Pets if you think it's better suited there.

Advertisement