Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

help identify this?

Options
  • 10-08-2010 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭

hi, ive noticed quite a lot of these little things in my house recently. Anyone know what they are, and should i be worried with them in my house!
    thanks

photohte.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭sineadgalway

Looks like a weevil but as to species, bit hard to tell but someone here might have an idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

What size?
    Quite likely Vine Weevel and has emerged from a pot plant like a cyclamen. The larvae love to much on roots of many plants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

about the size of a thumbnail on your small finger mate. theres a small garden outside so maybe they came in from there as the balcony door would be open a lot. do they breed a lot ? have seen about 8/9 of them in the last 2 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Size seems right for Vine Weevil.
    A plants roots can have dozens of grubs. If I come across them, I call the hens over :)
    I often see adults crawling up walls and windows. They don't fly. The adults cut notches out of leaves, but the larvae are more damaging with their appetite for roots.

Advertisement