Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toilet and Crate Training?

Options
  • 28-07-2009 1:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

started training the pup in the crate,

all the books and sites say to get the pup comforatable with the crate, she goes in and out no bother, and she does,

im trying to toilet train her to, b y bringing her out the back garden

anyway, today, well just a min ago, she walked right into her crate, i praised her with a treat, she then had a wee in the crate, walked back out and straight out the back door...

so my question is, where do i go from here??

Carl :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

How old is the pup and how long have you been crate training?

There can be mistakes and accidents along the way so just clean up the crate, change the bedding (always handy to have spares). You don't need to praise her for going into the crate as long as she feels comfy in there and happy then she'll be happy to go in there without any praise.

Just start again from scratch, and only praise her when she's just finished her wee or poop outside and ignore any wees and poops in the house just clean them up asap and say nothing pups don't like being ignored so she will eventually realise she gets praised for peeing outside and if pees inside gets ignored.

Slip ups happen, don't worry about it. It's hard to keep on top of them when they are small esp. as they need to go to the loo a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 cf4

cheers,

its just so hard to keep an eye on her the whole time, but im getting there, and ye she's pissin a fair bit

i just tought it was hillarious that she walked into the crate, pissed, walked out the back and ran around!

Advertisement