Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Screwsink & Plug Cutters for timber

• 25-08-2014 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello everyone, hoping somebody can help me here!

Building stuff out of timber and I'm looking to but a plug cutter to conceal my screws and if possible also a screw digger set

They seam to be very rare! Has anybody or chippys got experience with this handy little tool

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭dhog4n

Go in to any builders providers or timber suppliers and ask for them. They'll probably be on a shelf behind the counter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

All you need to as for ia a 12mm flat bit and a 12mm plug cutter to suit. You need to use the plug cutter in a drill press at all times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shesgotdimples

Thanks guys ill do that! All I have is a handheld drill though! This def wont work!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Thanks guys ill do that! All I have is a handheld drill though! This def wont work!?

No it defo won't work without a drill press

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shesgotdimples

Got a 10mm plug cutter! €25! They said it would be ok in a normal drill if i'd a steady hand! I went home and tried it and it worked perfectly to my delight because id have to buy a drill press otherwise!

Thanks for the help 😊

• Advertisement
Advertisement